• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

g159av8tor

Chicago Style
Top Paying Jobs Overall
The jobs that pay the most require at least a four-year college degree. According to the Employment Policy Foundation, the nation's 12 top-paying jobs -- and the mean annual income reported in 2003 (the most recent year data was available) for each -- were:

Physicians and surgeons$147,000Aircraft pilots$133,500Chief executives$116,000Electrical and electronic engineers$112,000Lawyers and judges$99,800Dentists$90,000Pharmacists$85,500Management analysts$84,700Computer and information system managers$83,000Financial analysts, managers and advisers$84,000Marketing and sales managers$80,000Education administrators$80,000

Full text here.

Tailwinds...

Give them a break...it's just a typo.

They put the comma one too far to the right...no big deal

-mini

Don't tell me you make less than that! What will people say when I break the news that I may never become a millionaire pilot like all the others.
Just reminded me of something:
The other day this guy dorkier than I came up to me in the FBO and was watching me study something, and asked if I was working on my pilot license. I said I was working on my commercial and he totally flipped out while jumpin around pointing out the window at a little regional jet taxiing by and said "You fly those big things and make like $200,000 a year!? That's what I want to do!!! I want the big bucks!"
I said " No, I'm a bellman in a hotel but I can show you where to go to get started."
So I walked him upstairs to the "Awesome part 141 flight training program in a tiny FBO" and introduced him to the CFI's and said, "He's intersted in becoming an airline pilot." I watched as the CFI's began foaming at the mouth and took him off to the little room in the back to strap him down for propaganda infusion and down payment collection.

Man, I'm looking at this 8oz can of Coca Cola, and it says that it has 100 calories. But a 12oz can of Coke has 160 calories. What the hell is going on!!!???

I'm losing my mind.

Some of those figures are totally out of whack.

Electrical engineers average $112k? SIGN ME UP! Yeah, right .. where do they come up with this stuff? Most EEs top out around $90k-100k as senior engineers. They also forgot to mention physicsts, who typically earn $90k+ with a BS or MS.

For the HS grads, they neglected to mention jobs like dockworker, crane operator, freight train conductor, locomotive engineer, etc. Believe it or not, dockworkers on the West coast can easily make $100k per year and crane operators upwards of $200k per year. Conductors average $70k and hoggers around $80k or so. I believe oil company fire fighters are also paid very well.

Regarding the avg. pilot salary .. you've got to consider all of those crusty old farts still collecting their 6 figure pay checks.

Latest resources

Back