Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are there jobs as an engineer and pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

echanez

I am a college student studying mechanical engineering hopefully switching to aerospace engineering when my college gets the program. I want to go to graduate school at embry-riddle and also do flight school there. I really want to fly but I want to design and do engineering also. Are there any jobs like this or am I just gonna have to pick one or the other? I was thinking along the lines of a flight test engineer or maybe a test pilot but I'm not sure. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

echanez said:
I am a college student studying mechanical engineering hopefully switching to aerospace engineering when my college gets the program. I want to go to graduate school at embry-riddle and also do flight school there. I really want to fly but I want to design and do engineering also. Are there any jobs like this or am I just gonna have to pick one or the other? I was thinking along the lines of a flight test engineer or maybe a test pilot but I'm not sure. I'd appreciate any help. Thanks.

Look into Eclipse Aviation at ABQ. They advertise almost constantly for flight test engineers.

Im actually applying there for an internship this summer. I'm from Las Cruces so it would be nice to get a temp job only 3 hrs away.

You could always go the Burt Rutan route....but that would be a hard path to follow, and even harder to trump.

Latest resources

Back