Are there any happy eagle pilots??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NDPILOT

Every post i've seen regarding AE has been negative, everyone is trying to leave or wishing they never started there in the first place.

Is there anyone who enjoys flying for AE or has anything positive to say about the company?

I was thinking about working with them, but it seems like i'd be shooting myself in the foot. There has to be some positive aspects of the company.

Thanks

To put it simply....................NO!

I'd rather be shot in the foot. Unless you ENJOY abuse, look elsewhere. Wall Mart, Home Depot.............

Yeah, don't go there...

The best thing about Eagle was the quality of training. The crews were also great and a blast to fly with, but with everyone there so unhappy, the crew lounge was a miserable place to hang out because of all the griping...

The only way to be happy at Eagle is too be thankful that you still have a job, for those of us that do. Everything else is pretty horrible. And yes the crew rooms are always full of negative comments and disgruntled pilots and flight attendants (from those that are speaking English anyway). As for me I am done complaining and leaving this sinking ship. Appleton here I come!!!

(For those of you in the pool at ACA after the end of August...you are now 1 closer to going to class in January.)

I'll chime in. Eagle's training was definitely top-notch. And pre-9-11, things seemed to really be improving. But right now, it's not a good idea. In a couple years, maybe things will be different. The pilot group is great, and they may be able to build a solid future.

Not everything about it is bad. There ARE worse places you could work. But if you're looking for a job in the near future, look elsewhere.

Why was the question asked???

NDPILOT,

Why did you even ask your question? Everyone knows that Eagle has 200+ pilots on furlough and that Eagle's growth is constricted by a clause in the APA contract. If the ASM cap was not in place, Eagle would still be one of the fastest growing regionals out there and you would probably be trying to get a job there. Sure Eagle has internal problems, but what major company doesn't?--I do not think many realize how large Eagle was compared to Comair, ASA, Skywest, and COEX prior to September 11.

When I flew for Eagle, I enjoyed flying there and I think a majority of the Eagle pilots would say the same. Also, I would say that Eagle's training program is one of the best in the industry.

Sure Eagle was not perfect and it will never be. Just remember, most of the furloughees were thankful for the fact that they did not have to instruct for 2000+ hrs before getting hired at Eagle. When you put that into proper perspective, Eagle was a pretty good place to start an airline career.

Batman

Last edited:
Batman.
I asked the question to get responses like yours. You had some positive imput, thank you. I know about the furlough situation and the ASM cap, that was not part of my question.

Congrats on Comair.

Here's one.

I have been at Eagle for 4.5yrs and I am happy here. I was lucky enough to get hired at a time when there was tremendous growth. When I was hired they told us to expect a 5 year upgrade time. 19 months later I was an ATR Captain. I got to stay in the left seat until the end of last year. Now I am in the right seat of the RJ. The money isn't as great as it was as an ATR CA, but I am holding a great line with a ton of time off. I was fortunate enough to get PIC time, and now I get to fly a pretty cool jet.
My expectations when I was hired was the typical commuter lifestyle. Low pay, long hours, poor working conditions. It has not been any of those things for me. It may not be AA or UAL or DAL, but it is a hell of alot better than Gulfstream or Great Lakes (from what I have heard). Once we get all the ASM and Scope problems worked out this will be the best place to be.

Happy Eagle Pilots?

Hmmmmm Do you think Eagle Pilot knows what happiness is? or what its like to have a Life? They only made those things look good the day you interview. After that its all about negative stuff...I agree with English...the only thing they had best was training and that was before 9-11. I hope the company can clean up the mess that they created. I have also left this sinking ship with a year worth of senority, not that it means anything. I know people with more then 3 years senority are starting ground schools with ASA or COMAIR. So yeah Don't go there unless you like the abuse. Good Luck Fly Safe.

Bull

CRJ HERE I COME:)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back