• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are Spirit furloughs possible?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Luckly for us at Spirit it is a privately held company...so we can see the impending doom...and will hear about us closing while driving to work.

Ahhhhhh, the wisdom of having faith in Oaktree and Indigo.....
I'm just certain they hold the best interests of the company and it's employees dear to heart.....

Last edited:
Ahhhhhh, the wisdom of having faith in Oaktree and Indigo.....
I'm just certain they hold the best interests of the company and it's employees dear to heart.....

The dictionary called for castle bravo, it wants you to learn the meaning of sarcasm.

But seriously thanks for trying.

Spirit fuel use reduction plan...

-Using GPU and air carts where available to minimize APU use for the flight crews...but maintenance can run the APU for 8-12 hours over night.

-Planning flights with not extra fuel.

-Changing the W&B program to the crews so W&B delays will result in a NOI from Jeff C.

...thats all I can come up with for now.

Spirit fuel use reduction plan...

-Using GPU and air carts where available to minimize APU use for the flight crews...but maintenance can run the APU for 8-12 hours over night.

-Planning flights with not extra fuel.

-Changing the W&B program to the crews so W&B delays will result in a NOI from Jeff C.

...thats all I can come up with for now.

Ok, but what about the hedging? Do we know what % of NK's current and future fuel needs are hedged, and at what price?

Last edited:
I seriously doubt that any of the fuel is hedged...the releases normally have the current fuel price for the city pairs.

NOI's occur often...but seem to be retracted almost as often.

Latest resources

Back