• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are Spirit furloughs possible?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What a dumb statement. Here's a little rationalization for you.
ATA, Champion, Aloha: Boeing
Skybus: Airbus
What a dumb statement? Give me a break.

Boeing products stand the test of time. Airbus does not. The A320's built in the 80's are slowly being laid to rest. All the while, I am still flying a 727-200 with NO DMI's on the entire fleet at any one time. As France raises the price of new parts, Boeing parts get cheaper and last much longer.

Check the facts on why these places went out of business, and you will see it had nothing to do with fleet type in the first place.

Its because they're not broken. Myself and the boys I fly with don't pull that crap. Our MX guys are actually quite professional, unlike other operators. The airplanes do break, but they get fixed. Slapping a DMI on a write-up is the last resort.

personally,I like the A320 probably the most advanced aircraft in the sky; my point though is this just a coincidence? Frontier all airbus, Jet blue all airbus stock way down and Virgin apparently making no money but with alot of cash.

What a dumb statement? Give me a break.

Boeing products stand the test of time. Airbus does not. The A320's built in the 80's are slowly being laid to rest.

Nobody really 'builds 'em like they used to'. Most of the 80's gen 737's and A320's are still flying, but some are being retired. No manufacturer builds planes to last the way they did with the -9, 727,-8 etc. Most of the planes that the 787 is designed to replace were built in the 80's or later and now the word is that the A350 isn't going to be such a bad deal after all because of the 787 delays and the fact that it will be coming out as airlines look to get rid of their early 777's/A330'-planes that all entered service from @ 1992-1998 or so.

Most of the planes that the 787 is designed to replace were built in the 80's or later and now the word is that the A350 isn't going to be such a bad deal after all because of the 787 delays and the fact that it will be coming out as airlines look to get rid of their early 777's/A330'-planes that all entered service from @ 1992-1998 or so.

I think I understood all that. Almost ran out of breath reading it!

Latest resources

Back