Are regionals really worth it...something to ponder

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do you still have the number for that truck driving school? Maverick

I realize I am early into the flying game. I am 30 years old and made a late career change. I gave up a project management job that would probably net me a luxury car and a decent size house right now to get into flying. But it would be sitting in front of a set of plans and bitching at subcontractors on the phone all day.

But not a day goes by that I do not regret getting into flying. Only job I have ever had where the scenery changes on a daily basis. Just finished going through the struggles as a CFI which I do not regret either. Might even go back to instructing. I just want a job plain and simple. This industry I hope can't get any worse. It seems like it cycles and we are currently in one. I think the last one took out TWA and Eastern.

I am just sick of reading about the negative press on these forums. I have worked to hard and I don't plan on throwing in the towel. I am going back to running a bulldozer so I can pay my flight school loans while I await patiently for an interview. And no I am not afflicted with shiny jet syndrome although I went to that "pilot factory" that breeds that. They need to put a stop to that place, but I will vent that somewhere else.

I hope the industry will get back on it's feet and we can all get along again.

joepilot29 said:
This industry I hope can't get any worse. It seems like it cycles and we are currently in one. I think the last one took out TWA and Eastern.

I hope the industry will get back on it's feet and we can all get along again.

The cycle that took out PanAm, Eastern and TWA were different kinds of cycles my friend.

The industry will return to an era of profitability, but at what cost. I hope that each one of you continue to be dedicated to the cause of aviation....I know I am. I just want you to be more proactive in trying to make a difference with your airline, because this may be where you will spend the rest of your career. Your job does not end when you close out a flight. Complacency(sp) doesn't get you anywhere.

Once you come down off your high of making it to a regional....please continue to "read the writing on the wall." Stay informed.

k2774,

we're all real happy you found your inner peace but you're not exactly dealing with brain dead individuals here. most of us have degrees and some of us do other things for income. we know there are other jobs out there and when things are bad enough we'll leave and until then i don't appreciate your smug attitude or your patronizing inuindo? if you want to help someone go to new orleans.

So true and very well put. I have made a few similar posts and I agree. There are other things out there that are fun. THINK, THINK!!!! I am in my 30's and priorities have changed and I need to get out.

Latest resources

Back