• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are Cessna 310's fun to fly?

rumpletumbler

Well are they? Sometimes I think I might break into one and sit there holding the yoke and throttles making engine noises until the police haul me away. I likes the way they look. They be so bad! Everyone seems to like to fly them so much they never put gas in them according to the NTSB or they forget to switch tanks and crash and die. Anyone in the Atlanta area have one that I can ride in and fine tune my engine noise sound?

RT

I've flown one once - it certainly beats the heck out of a Duchess! I thought it was fun, although come to think of it, I'm not sure if I've flown ANY plane and didn't think it was fun. Lots of power (we were light, though), and the controls were lighter than I thought they'd be. Easy to land. Or at least not any harder than the Duchess. Well, I only landed it twice, so it's possible I just got lucky both times!

Actually, I'm not a huge fan of the way the plane looks. But every owner I've talked to swears by them, and a quick search through the newsgroups show they have quite a following.

yeah its a blast- I have a 310C - 1959- 260hp per side- 4830 lbs max gross- good performance on less fuel than most people think.-

C310

Lots of time in a C310Q. Great SE performance. I was holding altitude at 11,000 ft. 2 people, no fuel in the aux tanks. Very honest solid airplane. Get as much time in it as you can.

Was that by choice or is there a swashbuckling tale of IMC in the Sierra Neveda's and using a roadmap for navigation assoicated with it?

RT

C310

I wish. The MEAs around here are 16,000 msl and many of the passes are 12,000 so while 11,000 SE might sound impressive, not much IFR at that altitude. This was just a student doing some ME training. We did a complete engine shut down and restart. Of course, we were orbiting the airport at the time.

I've got a little time in a "Q" model and a much older one. Can't remember the model other than it had the "Tuna Tanks" on it. They were both fun to fly and had lots of pep with just myself and full fuel on board. That long, spindly looking gear though, I swear if you sneeze standing next to it, you might snap it's legs off.:cool:

Awesome airplane. I had a Q for 5 years. 260hp/side, 2 bladed props. I put about 800 hours on it. Never had one ounce of trouble. TAS at 180kts. Can't beat it.

have had bad luck with 310's. Flew a 310L model for a few months to build sometime. It was on a 135 certificate but just a piece of $hit. Burned oil like it was nothing and I lost the left engine twice due to engine driven fuel pump failures. I don't know if maybe it was just that airplane but I don't care for them .

Latest resources

Back