Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are CASS records accessible to the company?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

shamrock

Are companies able to see a record if you were to use CASS on another airline?

Trying to settle an argument.

Yep............

As I understand it, each company that is part of CASS, has their own dedicated CASS server that interfaces with the CASS system so that your emplyee number, passport number, photo, etc can be verified.

Every time a CASS request is made, a record is made on your company's server. I know of guys that have had problems with a CASS request being entered incorectly at the gate while they've been on the phone to our CASS co-ordinator and he's been able to see that a request has been made and why it wasn't working.

So yes they can see when a request has been made, now what they do with that info is another matter.

As I understand it, each company that is part of CASS, has their own dedicated CASS server that interfaces with the CASS system so that your emplyee number, passport number, photo, etc can be verified.

Every time a CASS request is made, a record is made on your company's server. I know of guys that have had problems with a CASS request being entered incorectly at the gate while they've been on the phone to our CASS co-ordinator and he's been able to see that a request has been made and why it wasn't working.

So yes they can see when a request has been made, now what they do with that info is another matter.

This sounds correct to me. I know for a fact that the federal government can access CASS history in this manner for obvious reasons. I was not clear as to whether or not the company could get to it on a whim without some federal investigation (into allegations more serious than calling in sick).

If I'm that situation, I non-rev (often on SWA). Just because you're too sick to work doesn't mean you're too sick to go home. I do not jumpseat, because the company probably could get you on that...as an ACM you probably need to be medically fit for flight duty. Technically, this applies even if you sit in the cabin.

Good luck getting home.

Called in sick, then flew somewhere for Xmas, huh?

Nope, just really bored. Did Xmas with the family this past weekend and I'm currently sitting at home with some broken bones, a "get out of jail free" note from my doctor, and (most importantly) some REALLY nice pain medication. Trying to drive to the airport right now would be an adventure in and of itself.

I did the offline JS thing a few years ago (ain't no way I was gonna miss Jimmy Buffett @ Fenway) but I haven't tried it since CASS was implemented. I'm not that brave and I really need this job because I have no other marketable skills.

Last edited:
As the jumpseat coordinator for my airline, I can assure you that the company has access to those requests. I often use those records myself to troubleshoot CASS problems.

Whether they use those records for disciplinary purposes will obviously depend on the airline, but yes, they can tell if you made a CASS request. My advise to our pilots has always been this: Don't jumpseat if you called in sick, unless you are somehow able to clear it with the Chief Pilot's office. Example: you call in sick in the middle of a trip and you need to jumpseat home (like I did a month ago).

I appreciate the response upndsky but unfortunately that hideous avatar of yours makes me nauseous so I wasn't able to read it.

Latest resources

Back