• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Are airlines withholding seats? Readers say 'yes!'

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ahhh, now we have reached the root of the problem. I've flown with guys like you in the corporate world, they are always pissed off at the airlines and everyone around them. Enjoy your career!

HAHAHAHAHAHA... Your clueless.

WHAAAAD UUUUUUUUP, Skip!?!? Yeah, not bad huh? Things aren't too bad and hopefully getting better.

PTP

Funny how you airline guys seem to side with your mgmt when F@&K'N the customers as though it will keep you in business or help you get a descent pay rate. The same mgmt that turns around and tries to F#%K you on your pay rates.

I've experienced this BS practice more than once with airlines that I had very high status on(Platinum/Delta), but now I just avoid those airlines at all cost. One of these days your attitude towards screwing with the customers will help eliminate your airline.

PtP

I agree. Transparency and honesty. Run a bisiness without deception.

Aaaah yes, airline pilots once again blaming the PAYING PASSENGER for the woes of an airline..... pathetic!

Aaaah yes, airline pilots once again blaming the PAYING PASSENGER for the woes of an airline..... pathetic!

It's hard not to when all they do is whine about everything having to do with air travel, it's like trying to negotiate with a 2 year old. Then when airlines try to charge for things, the airlines get slammed with bad publicity from the media. Its a no-win situation. It's to the point where the airlines need to just quote a price with no other fees, an all-inclusive if you will, and let the consumer swollow the entire cost. The consumer will be begging for bag fee's once more.

Yes, we are withholding seats...from cheap bastards that don't want to pay enough. It's called running a business.

I think the issue is withholding seats after you have purchased the ticket. They are trying to force you to pay a fee to get a window or isle. Which i dont think works. Say you have a family of 3 (1 parent, 2 young children). You might as well give them the row. Because the FA's might be asking people who paid extra to move seats.

Last edited:
I think the issue is withholding seats after you have purchased the ticket. They are trying to force you to pay a fee to get a window or isle. Which i dont think works. Say you have a family of 3 (1 parent, 2 young children). You might as well give them the row. Because the FA's might be asking people who paid extra to move seats.

Charging for window/aisle? Inconceivable?
I would've said the same about charging for bags 5 years ago.
Or pillows/blankets 7 years ago.
Or sodas/snacks 10 years ago.

Based on past practices, I think it's likely that window/aisle seats will be charged a premium.

Instead of charging a premium for "better seats", be a hero and offer a discount for "lousy seats".

Latest resources

Back