Arbitrator Sides With AWAC Again!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skyguy

The impartial arbitrator took AWAC’s figures for a 7 million dollar difference and hoses the pilots again. Arbitrator Holden could not see the pilot’s point of view and rewarded AWAC’s delaying tactics and punished the union for not reaching a compromise. How is this impartial? This process is not working. ALPA and its member’s needs to fix this or prepare for repeated loses at the “Impartial forum” called the arbitration process. This guy has sided with AWAC before and he signed the order as “Impartial Arbitrator.”

Anyone heading to arbitration should think hard and long before I would agree to have this guy sit at the table ever again. The payout sum now due the pilots is a pittance of the profit the owners have taken to their bank accounts over the years.

The pilots deserved better.

Sorry to hear. FWIW Eagle just got smacked back to reality by our arbitrator as well.

I'm thinking going the pilot route was a fool's journey compared to becoming an arbitrator. Find me another job with no deadlines and the ability to make a single decision within it.

Find me another job with no deadlines and the ability to make a single decision within it.

CEO.

Weather reporter.

Heck, any reporter (not journalist).

It's all the same- I just kinda have all these other things to like, ya know, think about and stuff, so hey! Who wants pie?

This is teh sukc for Whiskey pilots.

I'm pretty sure CEOs and reporters have deadlines.

Sig said:
This is teh sukc for Whiskey pilots.

Yes, yes it is.

I enjoyed my time there...but the pilots, FAs & mechanics might want to be sure to thank the Amigos by "competing to win" for jobs at new companies with at least slightly more ethical management practices.

Heck, the FAs and mechanics might want to think about filing their own grievance against the company in regards to being lied too. We got $2.5 million. Who cares how little they get just as long as they are able to waste more of the owners' time and money. An unmotivated and disenfranchised workforce can get mighty expensive ;)

Latest resources

Back