• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

siedkick

ACTION ALERT!
Immediate Action Required!
Pass This Alert Along To Everyone You Know!

Thanks to Senator Bob Smith of New Hampshire, the full Senate will vote as early as THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 5th on S. 2554, the Smith/Boxer bill to arm airline pilots. The Senate will be voting on whether to attach the bill to the Homeland Security bill as an amendment. WE WANT THIS AMENDMENT TO SUCCEED!

IT IS CRITICAL THAT EACH OF YOU CONTACT BOTH OF YOUR SENATORS AND ASK THEM TO SUPPORT THE SMITH AMENDMENT TO THE HOMELAND SECURITY BILL!

1) Call 202/224-3121 (the Capitol switchboard) and tell them what state you live in. They will connect you to your Senators’ offices.

2) Ask your Senators to vote IN FAVOR of the Smith amendment to the Homeland Security bill.

3) Ask your Senators to vote IN FAVOR of arming pilots, in whatever form that it comes to the Senate floor.

Please make this call RIGHT NOW. We CAN win in the Senate and we need your help to do it. Thank you so much for your support.

http://www.secure-skies.org

Last edited:
wait a minute

Who says I'm for it ? I like many pilots oppose this silly idea. Sounds like a bunch of military wannabes think it will be cool to carry a gun. Academy Dorks!

"cool"

That isn't even a word that comes to mind when I think about the issue... it isn't about me. This is about the reality that an F-16 can blow your passenger carrying airplane out of the sky but yet we haven't equipped pilots with any new tools to protect us while we do our job. Worse case scenario the bad guys take over b/c they get the pilots' guns and shoot people, it still has the same end result, the military blows the plane out of the sky so everyone dies anyway. So now we have an upperhand of a fighting chance if you get some guy coming after you with his boxcutter.

Come on no one is thinking about being a little cooler b/c they have a sidearm, we are all grown up professionals here.

I hope their is enough opposition that this fails, wanna play G.I. Joe then go be a cop-

3 5 0

Latest resources

Back