• Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
skirt said:
2. I know where some of the main management came from
(SWA, American and of course the boss creating Morris Air
and Westjet). How about the chief pilot, director of safety,
marketing/strategic planning guy/gal, and the others in the
upper management (say the top 10 guys/gals).

Hi,

I don't have much to add except to this question. I'm not 100% sure about some specifics, but you can find some of this information in the prospectus. It has bios on all the company directors. Granted, many of the directors aren't operational airline types, but you'll at least get a snapshot of the top 5 or so. Some of the original company officers (CFO, People) came from SWA. Dave Barger was a VP at CAL. Holly Nelson was at NWA (I think). The core marketing staff mostly came from Virgin. The planning staff is locked in a room in southern CT with their crystal ball, performing amazing feats of prognistication and number crunching. No clue where they were found (Vegas bookies? NASA?). The flying types (VP ops, CP, asst CP's) all have prior civilian flying backgrounds, but that's the only common denominator that I can tell. Major, freight, supplemental, national, small jet, regional, foreign carriers, they're all represented, often more than one in the same individual. It's hard to pigeonhole a lot of pilots here, and that goes for the flight ops leadership as well.

Good luck on your interview!

Well, how'd you guys do? Hopefully well. Were there any surprises in the interview? Any technical questions? Any changes to the gouge?

Good luck to all,

Counselair:D

I would also like to get any gouge or interview de-brief.

Thanks-hope everyone did well.

JetBlue is the wave of the future.

Fly Safe
Chuck

Nothing to debrief. What you've heard is what it is. Although, it was intersting in that all 9 interviews for your time slot are done at the same time in the same conference room. No letter yet, which is a good thing. I will offer more when it is available...I guess in a couple months.

Mustang,

The reason for the same interview room for the candidates is due in part to our growth and in part to our "people concept".

Once we stopped interviewing at out HQ (we had to basically take over an entire floor dedicated to personnel offices and use those for interviews) we realized we had to have larger facilities to conduct the interviews.

Additionally, during debriefs we were told that there is "comfort in numbers" and candidates actually prefer the approach. So you (well those before you) spoke, we listened and adjusted our approach accordingly to make the interviewees more comfortable. We realize everyone is nervous during an interview anyway, and we want to alleviate that in any manner possible. If this supposedly helps, then we'll all about making it work for you.

If you found it distracting, let someone know your take on it. We're always receptive to constructive criticism.

Best of luck and happy landings,

I didn't find it distracting at all, and actually liked it like the previous debriefs. However, it was the only thing that I wasn't completely aware of before the interview and I just wanted to pass that along to those who are curious. Because other than that small tidbit, I really have nothing to add to what has been already said, or was this common knowledge and I just didn't find it?

For those who are curious, the JetBlue process is exactly as advertised. There are no tricks. Very user friendly, and comfortable. Yes, the process now has everyone in a group (8-9 at a time) interviewing in a big room. It was awkward for about two seconds, then very reassuring. You could hear a soft murmur from the other candidates, but not so much that it was distracting. In fact it was kind of nice to see everyone going through the process together. Nice touch. From first impression they selected a good group of folks to go through the process, and I sure hope all 63 get to move forward.

The entire group, from the flight attendants who were brought in to help, to the HR reps and the pilots, were great, and I'm not saying that because I would like to work there, it is just a statement of fact.

Take it from a person who has seen the "high life", this JetBlue outfit has it figured out. I've tried to find the "catch". There isn't one. If you don't have an application in yet, put it in now. Wish us all luck. Whether I make the cut or not, I have a strong appreciation for the quality of the people, the process and the company
Skirt
:)

Last edited:
For those who are wondering-- between now and September, Jetblue will be training 24 per month with 12 in each class as a goal. So for those of you who've interviewed recently, your odds are pretty good!!!

Latest resources

Back