• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Apr 26 Class Calls

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

#26 on the list, got the call this afternoon. Have to call back tomorrow to confirm.

Two years, two weeks, and 1 day in the pool for the call, I thought it would never come. Total time in pool would be 2 years, 2 months and 11 days (but who's counting!) if I can take the Apr 26th class date.

Overall timeframe, in case anybody cares:

Original app in Apr 2001
Interview sched Sep 2001
Interview cx'd Sep 2001
Interview Jan 2002
Pooled Mar 15 2002
Class date Apr 26 2004

FJ

Heat,
It's March Madness and I'm on the bubble for the 26 Apr class. Ring phone ring! It looks like May 10 will be my lucky day. Congrats, to all who have been called, hope to see you on 9 May. OBTW, thanks for reminding me to pay my phone bill.

EL

Eaglelake,

If you are on the bubble for April 26, that means the pool should certainly be drained by the end of May. That is great news for those of us who interviewed early march. If we get the nod from the decision board, some of us might slide into the last May class or be in class for sure in June.

Man, that exciting. Now lets just hope for some great news from the decision board. Cross your fingers for me!

Thanks for all the info everyone.

Roughneck

Hardest decision of my life

Well, after another night of (not) sleeping on this decision for over 2 years, (in the middle of a trip no less) I declined the offer of the Apr 26th class date with SWA.

That class date would not have worked due to personal reasons, and SWA, being the class organization it is, was willing to let me defer for up to 6 months. I didn't want to tie up their time or resources to keep me up to date in the pool just so I could stew over the possibilities for another 6 months.

The bottom line is that my family did not support me starting all over again, after moving to Graceland and setting up camp so I wouldn't have to commute. They have settled in and really like our neighborhood, schools, friends and jobs, and didn't want to move again after 20 years of moving around in the military.

Although things have been pretty stagnant here at FedEx it looks like things are starting to move a bit and perhaps I'll be in a window seat of the 73 in a year or two after all, just one with a purple and orange paint scheme instead of blue and orange.

Best of luck to the rest of the poolies and hopefuls, especially all the ones in the Apr 26th class. And special thanks to Chase for all the info you sent me to help me make my decision.

FJ

Change 1, I just got the call, I'm off the bubble, I made the cut, going to the show with the 26 Apr class. Heat, hope to see you soon! I am way fired up!

EagleLake #46

lucky devil

Congrats EagleLake

Merry Christmas. Wow, now when LL tells me next month I am on the bubble I will take it more seriously (not that I have any reason to think I am on the bubble, just dreaming). Have a great time with the class of 26 Apr. I can't believe how fast the pool is emptying. After two years of unemployment I won't know how to act when my call finally comes.

Got the call for 26th APR

I got the call on Tuesday. I was #27 on the list(for SWA). Hope it keeps on rolling for everyone else. Let's get it on!
Mo

FalconJet,

Best wishes to you at FedEx, and good on ya for making the tough call instead of staying on the fence indefinitely & tormenting yourself over it. Clearly a choice between two great companies, and a couple (?) years of seniority is nothing to be thrown away lightly.

It's probably SWA's loss not getting to your name in time to make you the offer first, but FedEx got you, along with plenty of other great guys. You've played the cards you've been dealt, and a year after your 59th birthday, you can evaluate if what looked best at the time still looks as good in 20/20 hindsight. Just like we all will. Sure sounds to me like you made a very reasonable decision.

Hope that window seat happens for you soon. All the best,

Snoopy58

Latest resources

Back