• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

applying to Airtran

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think its a common misconception that if your on the list that your DEFINITELY gonna "get the call". They post the list all over for a reason and that is to get feedback from those who know you or have flown with you, positive or negative. Hopefully you didnt make any enemies on your way up or your "reputation doesn't preceed you" if you know what I mean.

Not at all saying that is what is happening in your case Whisper, im sure its NOT. But just wanted to clear up the misconception about the list.

Good Luck to everyone!

I went to an Air Inc job fair and had an internal recommendation. In my opinion, the push from my friends inside the company carried far more weight in getting me an interview. I did 5 interviews last summer and 4 out of the 5 interviews where a direct result from someone inside the company getting me the interview. The other interview was the result of a job fair. These interviews were flying and nonflying positions. I fully support the adage..."it is who you know."

mnboyev said:
You need to call if you on the list... apparently.. if you on the list as of 'now'.. you have been approved by the lofty group in Orlando.. VP Flight Ops.

Not sure bout june..?? I'd call anyway.. if you have buds on the inside, I would have them give SG a jingle.. 2 cents..

I understand that there has been a personell change for the better in HR. Things should gradually improve and become more standard and logical.. Thank goodness !!

Hey mnboyev did you interview in late Mar 2001 - I think it was the 23rd or 29th and called for the 4/9/01 or the 4/29 class? I think I interviewed with you. I remember there was an ACA guy and a whole bunch of CC air guys in the interview that wanted to bail from CC as Mesa had just purchased them.

I wish I didn't second guess the offer. I got called for the 4/9 class but decided to stay where I was for the upgrade and PIC time. Still have the employment letter with the welcome to Airtran letter - think I can still cash that baby in??

yea mnboyev left USA Jet airlines on 4-15-01, so he was probably in the 4-29 class.

Whiskerbizkit said:
Talk to SK, interview in three weeks!! Seems they tried to contact me back in June but never recieved the message.
Congrats, and welcome to the fun! (now watch all the airTran haters come out to play). ;)

Learluvin, should have come on over when you had the chance... why you want more PIC time? The right seat is a lot less work and stress (although less cash, too). :D

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I was trying to update my flight times and address on AirTran's website, but it appears they have a new system. I used my old sign in and password and it kept saying "user name does not exist". Does this mean they dumped my info while implementing a new system?!?!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back