• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Apply SKWY All You ALPA Bashers!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quote by ASARJMAN: You know what I don't get is why is there anyone from ASA going to Skywest? With all this BS we have endured since they assumed our debt and bought a long term contract from Delta, I can't understand why people would give up senority to be apart of the same corporate culture.

Personally, if I get forced out of ASA, Skywest is the last place on earth I'd work. I'll flip burgers or collect carts at WalMart before I play out JA's plan. I will go work for whomever I feel is Skywest's biggest competitor and give them my all.

Voted in favor of a Strike
Voted against Lynn and her band of Management Misfits
Will Vote NO on anything that does not provide everything we are asking for. We have waited for 4 years, I'm game for longer. No comprimises, full RETRO!

You want fries with that?

Last edited:
I did ASA for a year and got tired of all the whiners..any pay raise you guys get won't dent the money you've (WE'VE) wasted on ALPA..and JA isn't as bad as you guys make him out to be...in my opinion and experience, skyw is MUCH more of a family than an airline..ASA is a huge group of people who hate their jobs, union and management..its sad

true that, its sad. once i came to skyw, from another carrier(alpa) It feels so strange when I call the company and ask for something, be it a day off for a wedding, hotel help, positive space home on the weekends during training, and the person on the other end of the phone was NICE and wanted to help me. Sorry asa mad guys, but yea the culture here at skyw is great compared to an alpa carrier. Come on over and learn to smile again!, we got plenty of room for yea, were getting more planes if you didnt know. :)

JA isn't as bad as you guys make him out to be...in my opinion and experience, skyw is MUCH more of a family than an airline

Yeah, just one big happy family. :rolleyes: It still amazes me that you guys can be so gullible and naive.

Just wait until JA has finished his campaign to f$%* the ASA pilots. You'll be next. Then you'll see what JA really thinks about his "family."

Last edited:
You know what I don't get is why is there anyone from ASA going to Skywest? With all this BS we have endured since they assumed our debt and bought a long term contract from Delta, I can't understand why people would give up senority to be apart of the same corporate culture.

Personally, if I get forced out of ASA, Skywest is the last place on earth I'd work. I'll flip burgers or collect carts at WalMart before I play out JA's plan. I will go work for whomever I feel is Skywest's biggest competitor and give them my all.

Will Vote NO on anything that does not provide everything we are asking for. We have waited for 4 years, I'm game for longer. No comprimises, full RETRO!

I'll take a double burger WITH cheese.

Quote by ASARJMAN: You know what I don't get is why is there anyone from ASA going to Skywest? With all this BS we have endured since they assumed our debt and bought a long term contract from Delta, I can't understand why people would give up senority to be apart of the same corporate culture.

Since you demand full RETRO, what happens if you guys take a pay cut? Does it mean that YOU owe the company a big fat check from YOUR bank account for the retroactive pay cut? RETRO works BOTH ways!!!!

80for80,

You have to be the most ignorant person on these boards, these days. Retro has NEVER been applied in the reverse.

Idiot.

Peace.

Rekks.

It's only fair to apply retro both ways. If you guys get a pay raise you expect retro. If you get a pay cut, then retro in favor of the company is fair too. You ASA guys always expect a one way street.

I didn't write what you typed here, but if you want to state I did, when I know I didn't, it's ok with me. Must be someone else's post, or you're just making it up.

VOTED IN FAVOR!

Just found this quote on another board:

What has ALPA-PAC Done for ME?

Before Congress went into recess, language inserted in the Port Security Bill stated: (paraphrased) “…Any legal strike by transportation workers may be interpreted as an act of terrorism, and would allow the President of the US to mobilize the military”. The bill went on further to state (paraphrased) “…If any applicant to a transportation job has previously been a participant in a legal strike, that person can be denied employment because strikes by transportation workers can be interpreted as an act of terrorism”.

This language was REMOVED due to lobbying by ALPA-PAC before a final vote was conducted.

Yes, this is aimed at you ALPA bashers, especially at Skywest. When you ask what your 2% goes to, as well as donations to ALPA-PAC, here is your answer. Although your 2% does NOT fund ALPA-PAC, ALPA did create ALPA-PAC with those dollars, and then funds it with donations from it's members.

Peace.

Rekks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back