Appleton, WI

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
crashpad said:
I always found Appleton to be dark and depressing. Try and get laid while you're there, it'll take the edge off.

It aint that bad man,its all of what you make of it.Park Central is allright.Its in the heart of gigantic downtown Appleton across the street from The Radisson.There are also several other little hole in the wall places up and down the street.

migio said:
crashpad said:
I always found Appleton to be dark and depressing. Try and get laid while you're there, it'll take the edge off.

It aint that bad man,its all of what you make of it.Park Central is allright.Its in the heart of gigantic downtown Appleton across the street from The Radisson.There are also several other little hole in the wall places up and down the street.

Yeah, I had a ton of fun there during indoc. Then again we went out drinking every night.

Again with the bars, theres one there that does (or at least used too) have a $7 entrance fee, get plastic cup, drink all you want for no extra charge all night and had 4 different bars / music in there. Remeber going there twice but never getting back to the hotel :)

Also if you like corn fed "healthy" girls it's the place to be!

Be sure to make at least one trip to BeanSnappers!!!
Enjoy the "Wisconsin Strength" mixed drinks at the bars, especially Cleo's. My $/BAC was much better for training at AWAC then it is here in ATL for training :)

Victor Meldrew said:
Again with the bars, theres one there that does (or at least used too) have a $7 entrance fee, get plastic cup, drink all you want for no extra charge all night and had 4 different bars / music in there. Remeber going there twice but never getting back to the hotel :)
Wasn't that place called Route 66? The $7 bottomless cup and if you wanted a shot they would tip your head over the bar and pour it directly in your mouth!

Ah, memories..

PS- Be very careful what you say around A-town though, you never know who's sitting next to you at the bar!

Last edited:
Rookie is exactly right. Do be VERY careful about talking about why you are up there. I was with a group that made that mistake. The gal across the bar was the CP's neighbor.

AWAC is alright. Just be warry of ATW.

Welcome,

S.

Beechnut said:
Rookie is exactly right. Do be VERY careful about talking about why you are up there. I was with a group that made that mistake. The gal across the bar was the CP's neighbor.

AWAC is alright. Just be warry of ATW.

Welcome,

S.
I'll second that. Custodians, cab drivers, restaurant workers, AWAC office staff, big three etc. etc. all know each other and many are longtime friends. It's a small town and everyone knows everyone else's business. Play nice and you'll have no problems. If you need to bust loose better to do it out of town.

WhiteCloud said:
I'll second that. Custodians, cab drivers, restaurant workers, AWAC office staff, big three etc. etc. all know each other and many are longtime friends. It's a small town and everyone knows everyone else's business. Play nice and you'll have no problems. If you need to bust loose better to do it out of town.

Ain't no lie! If you go out and act a fool in A-town, and make the mistake of letting it slip that you have ANYTHING to do with airplanes... expect all of management to know about it in under 24 hours.

Oh yeah... alcohol may be a bit of a touchy subject right at the moment for the management folks. I wouldn't go pushing my luck in training right now.

Latest resources

Back