Apple doesn't fall far from tree!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guitar rocker said:
Just a quick question Van................lets look at a quote of yours from above:

"If gloating or pointing fingers at another persons problems makes you feel better about yourself, please do it in another forum."

Correct me if I am wrong, but here YOU are pointing the finger at our "current president" and at Rush. As you said in your own quote......does that make you feel better about yourself to go pointing fingers at others??? Or is it OK for you to do that but not others here??? Perhaps YOU need to go to another forum.

Rocker, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I was attempting to show that alcoholism and drug addiction knows no party bounds. There are liberals and conservatives that have fought the battle with addiction. But you are right, that perhaps this entire thread belongs in another forum.

I take no pleasure, whatsoever, in making light of other people's addictions. I have had my own personal experiences with alcoholism and drug addiction and it is not something I would wish on anyone, Democrat, Republican, or independant. It is a "choice" that not only affects the lives of the addicted, but also family and loved ones.

Van Hooydonk said:
Rocker, I'm not pointing fingers at anyone. I was attempting to show that alcoholism and drug addiction knows no party bounds. There are liberals and conservatives that have fought the battle with addiction. But you are right, that perhaps this entire thread belongs in another forum.

I take no pleasure, whatsoever, in making light of other people's addictions. I have had my own personal experiences with alcoholism and drug addiction and it is not something I would wish on anyone, Democrat, Republican, or independant. It is a "choice" that not only affects the lives of the addicted, but also family and loved ones.

Van, in your attempt to show that alcoholism knows no bounds, you infact used a few examples specifically (rather than making a generalization) and pointed out "our president" and Rush in making your point. I understand your point, but you pointed fingers in using your examples. You cant do that and then tell everyone else here that if they themselves want to point fingers, then go elsewhere.

I did not suggest that this thread needs to be on some other forum at all.

Anyway, your point itself is well taken. But all I am saying is dont criticize others for pointing fingers when you have done it to make a point as well.

Petrov said:
That sorry peice of ******************** was holding up a law that would protect children from pedophiles, so he could attach his own BS legislation that is not related to the bill.
What was the name of the law...The Negligent Parents Act?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back