• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

APC pay Spirit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bailey is a MEC and company YES man, do not believe what he says. Contract sucks, we struck for nothing. Don't forget to double your medical costs, and raise it 7% per year! Pay rates are black and white, work rules are gray! I want cash money! BTW did anyone else get screwed with the old per diem rates for August? I did!

If you drop a trip, you don't get paid for it...if the company cancels you get paid

Um....yeah. You expect to be able to drop drips at your discretion and get 100% pay protection?

Yup...but we work 6 days in a row nearly 100% of the time

I guess you liked the schedules better when the company tried to take away our 4 days off between trips. You liked working 5 On - 2 off - 5 On?

That has not happened yet, the company changed the transition rules and are not doing this now, many folks were still stuck with the 1 or 2 day off blocks in the middle of 12 on

You expect me NOT to vote for great language just because the company will try to get out of it? It is in arbitration and you have admited in the past that the language and examples are clear and the company is still violating it.

Except they can, but have to have 10 hours of rest, and then can only be shifted 2 more hours forward...it is only when they move a RAP back, you will have more than 24 hours off.

You are just wrong on this one. The company can NOT call you and release you from your reserve period early just to assign you an earlier trip the next day. You obviously don't understand the contract. The new FAA NPRM says that if they release you early from reserve, you have to get 14 hours off before the next trip. However, at Spirit...They can't release you early just to give you a trip the next day. However, on the last day of reserve they must release you 6 hours early if you haven't been given a trip.

Since the scheduling rules of the new CBA went into effect on September 1 your August pay result is not of importance, they new CBA pay was effective August 1 (and for some unexplained reason we didn't even get retro from the time we returned to work until some voted in the new CBA).

My August schedule has the new payrates. The new workrules in the contract for the month to month transition caused them to drop 2 days pay protected in August and 2 days pay protected in September. So yes....My August schedule and pay was directly improved by the new contract.

If you are a late reserve, say 200PM (or after) they absolutely release you to rest, to show at 1201AM...they can, they will and they have.

You can blowhard all day...if you voted yes, you suck...contract sucks.

If you are a late reserve, say 200PM (or after) they absolutely release you to rest, to show at 1201AM...they can, they will and they have.

You can blowhard all day...if you voted yes, you suck...contract sucks.

Quote from contract:

"Once a reserve pilot has started a reserve period, he may not be released early into rest and assigned a trip departing within the 10-hour period following his originally scheduled reserve duty period".

Quote from contract:

"Once a reserve pilot has started a reserve period, he may not be released early into rest and assigned a trip departing within the 10-hour period following his originally scheduled reserve duty period".

you can read, right? This clearly shows that you don't even have to be "released" into rest, you just have to be assigned a trip more than 10:00 hours from the time they release you. The important this to keep in mind in this situation, is the new contract prohibits you from having more than one check in during a calendar day.

If you start reserve anytime after 200PM you can be assigned any trip 10:01 hours from when they notify you. In this example if you started reserve at 1400 they call at 1415, they can assign you a trip with 1215 departure time. Email your rep, and they will confirm for you.

Let me thank you for showing a clear example of how the MEC cited examples of one thing, but really didn't consider all angles. Also let me thank you for showing everyone here how some people are, for some reason, defending the new CBA at the same time the company is violating the CBA.

This following thread is a perfect example of how the attitude is at Spirit. People defend the contract in one breath while giving examples of how the company violated their transition and whining about how their insurance went up, and how they can't pickup open time at 150%.

- trip drops or scheduling changes almost always results in more credit or 100% pay protection.
If you drop a trip, you don't get paid for it...if the company cancels you get paid
I was only clarifying you example of how a trip drop almost always results in more credit. You do know with the new CBA, there is no provision for them to pay protect you for some under the table deal (like fly this 4 day trip the day before yours starts and we will pay you for the new 4 day and pay protect you for the original 4 day).

you can read, right? This clearly shows that you don't even have to be "released" into rest, you just have to be assigned a trip more than 10:00 hours from the time they release you.

Please read contract again. I have discussed this with union reps and you are just wrong. I wonder how much other stuff you misunderstand in the contract. Reserve periods are seperated by 10 hours, so any trip they give you will always be after the beginning of your next reserve period.

"Once a reserve pilot has started a reserve period, he may not be released early into rest and assigned a trip departing within the 10-hour period following his originally scheduled reserve duty period."

If we were offered the Spirit contract or the Delta contract, I think you would find the majority of Spirit pilots would vote for the Spirit contract.

Pref bidding is almost a 4 letter word at our company.

Please, stop posting your ridiculous posts. You did your damage to this pilot group. What is it now, you enjoy rubbing peoples noses in it.

I would rather have Spiritis Contract. That is disgusting.

Last edited:
Um....yeah. You expect to be able to drop drips at your discretion and get 100% pay protection?

I guess you liked the schedules better when the company tried to take away our 4 days off between trips. You liked working 5 On - 2 off - 5 On?

You expect me NOT to vote for great language just because the company will try to get out of it? It is in arbitration and you have admited in the past that the language and examples are clear and the company is still violating it.

You are just wrong on this one. The company can NOT call you and release you from your reserve period early just to assign you an earlier trip the next day. You obviously don't understand the contract. The new FAA NPRM says that if they release you early from reserve, you have to get 14 hours off before the next trip. However, at Spirit...They can't release you early just to give you a trip the next day. However, on the last day of reserve they must release you 6 hours early if you haven't been given a trip.

My August schedule has the new payrates. The new workrules in the contract for the month to month transition caused them to drop 2 days pay protected in August and 2 days pay protected in September. So yes....My August schedule and pay was directly improved by the new contract.

Ok, 5 on 2 off 5 on. do that all month and you'll work 23 days a month. See how you mislead everybody.

Latest resources

Back