Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think so!

Sinkrate,

You put your name on the old board so don't BS us, there's no confusion here. You know that once someone finds out who you are the news spreads like wildfire to anybody who's interested. Maybe you should try a new screen name. Just remember to keep your identity under wraps because despite the fact that this isn't a company board, management does monitor it.

Last edited:
Furlough status

Just in case anyone out there who hasn't found something else is wondering when they'll be called back, CommutAir is currently up to pilot #615 for the upcoming bid. That leaves, I believe, just 25 people on the seniority list to be called.

I guess there's SOME movement in the industry, or we wouldn't still be losing people. :)

Things are definitely moving at CommutAir. A bunch of guys and girls have gone to ExecJet, Airtran and Comair according to the 'Burg. keep your fingers crossed and hopefully everyone will be back online soon.

ive heard similar things up there. i talked to scheduling the other day and the whole "recovery" effort is done, and they are on the upswing. They plan to have everyone recalled in 3 or 4 months, maybe sooner. Also, they have plans to bring back 2 planes a month this summer some time, so im assuming they are gonna hire again soon. yeah, who would of thought???
:D

Yay!

I hope that the news is true, that CA is on the upswing. I left to go elsewhere, but always hoped they would get back on their feet. Good news for all the remaining furloughees! WOO HOO! I know a few people who are eagerly awaiting their recalls, I'm sure they are thrilled. :)

KingAirer said:
So i guess the new "hub" design is working?

Compared to the non-hub system, well, it's working better anyway. But we're still way below break-even on average. We're stunned if the passenger loads make it into the double digits, because it happens so rarely.

Unless we get into one of the hubs of our "partner," Continental, we'll never turn this around.

Do you see a growing future for Commutair?

Absolutely not. Coming to work here would be like buying a ticket on the Titanic after it hit the iceberg. Several years ago it really had potential, but since they blew the codeshare with US Airways, it's been downhill ever since.

Run away. Run fast.

who are you cornjulio?

were or are you based in syr ???

Latest resources

Back