Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

I_Love_Lamp

Kill a man with a trident
Just wondering about the inside scoop... Are the trips commutable at all? Average value of trips? Average value of a line? Time to hold a line.

All the other standard questions about QoL...

Furloughed and thinking of CFIing where I'd make about as much as I make now (a little less) or go to Lynx and take a slight paycut.

Yeah, I work there. The schedules are getting better. Half lines for Oct. have average 14 days off with average 75 hours credit, other half 12 days off average with 85 hours credit so can take your pick. I commute and am usually able to travel to/from day of work on at least more than half the month when I bid for 4 day trips. Nice people to work with there, great airplanes to fly, low pay.
:laugh:

Dude pretty much hit it on the head.

Lines tend to average around 80 hours a month.. the exact number of hard lines very each month and thus the value of them. They tend to be 10 days off on Reserve, 12-16 off for lineholders. There is definitely some commutable ones, but the senior commuters snap them up. Mostly all lines are either 4 day trips or 3 and 2 days back to back, so commuter friendly in general.

QOL can vary.. in general I find it to be not bad, but I live in base so kinda hard to judge. Work rules are generally not great. You do get block or better and 2:1 duty rig on standups. But no CXL pay, no line guarantee, no min day. Currently we don't use ready reserve but they have the right too. Schedulers are actually pretty decent. Pay rates are really poor.

I think that about sums it up.. if you have any specific questions feel free to PM me..

cale

-Could anyone give me an update on the hiring situation?

-How many /When are they running interviews and classes right now?

-How long could an F/O expect to sit reserve right now?

-I hear Lynx has hot F/A's? True? :D

I guess I'll re-send my resume out that way. I dont think they got it last time...

You really don't want to work at Lynx, collecting unemployment would be a better option.

That's really sad. Especially given the fact the Lynx is having no problem filling its classes.

Of course their not, who else is really hiring now?

I know we at Piedmont are just about to drain our pool of pilots then upgrades and hiring will stop (unless the PHX thing really happens). But most of the regionals, especially those with only 50 seat Rj's have seemed to stop hiring or fourloughed.

But what will happen is that when the hiring begins again most people tend to jump ship off the crappy operating airlines for the ones with okay upgrade times and better contracts which equals better pay.

Mesa is a good example of this. The only thing they could offer with their crappy pay was a quick upgrade. Once those upgrades stop, people starting bailing left and right.

Its also happened at Piedmont, we have good pay and a great contract. But when our upgrade was over 4 years people jumped ship to RAH, Compass, ConEx, Comair etc.

You just never know whats gonna happen.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back