• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone WN peeps commute from Mexico?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We should have some Management types commuting from Mexico soon. The SWA board meets in May and when they hear how much they can save by outsourcing Management jobs......

NOT. Only pilot and MX jobs will likely be outsourced.

You can forget trying to js on Volaris. No Mexican airline allows jumpseating as we know it. Showing up at the gate and attempting to get a free ride on any non US or Canadian airline is unheard of. They won't even know what you're talking about when you tell them you're trying to jumpseat.

Your best bet is to jumpseat on an American airline flying out of Mexico. Try Continental / Expressjet, Alaska, AWA/USAir or DL out of PV. American won't allow you to js on them internationally unless your airline offers them an int'l jumpseat. Good Luck.

As I understand it, Mexico is not considered international for American. May it has changed.

Just realize that it is a TSA/customs rule that you cannot ride in the flight deck jumpseat into the US. So there would always have to be an open seat.

Just catch a ride to the TX border and hop over the fence, it's really that easy!! If you get shot, you can sue and win.

I believe you can jump seat on US airlines but there has to be an open seat in the back and you must also be listed on either the GEN DEC or PAX MANIFEST. Don't quote me on this.

As I understand it, Mexico is not considered international for American. May it has changed.

It was two years ago. After listing on-line and trekking 2 hours to JFK, I was greeted by friendly agent informing me that my former airline doesn't do international with AMR. Needless to say I didn't get to CUN in time for Happy Hour.

Latest resources

Back