• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Anyone using FITS training?

PURPLEHAZE21

Total Time
69+
I'm actually starting to teach with it...I'll let you know how it works. It appears the FAA is looking into the future on teaching with the advent and changes in aviation.

MauleSkinner

Total Time
It appears the FAA is looking into the future on teaching with the advent and changes in aviation.
...that is, if the future has been here for 20 years or longer...Nothing "new" about scenario-based training (the basis of the FITS program), just that the FAA has jumped on that particular bandwagon. Good instructors have been doing that as long as I've been flying.

Fly safe!

David

PURPLEHAZE21

Total Time
69+
I hear you....But the avionics have changed considerably and decision making skills have still been an area of issue. I currently teach Single pilot CRM and it is truely amazing to watch the decision making when one loses the GPS or PFD....There is something to be said about learning the E6B...

Goose Egg

Big Jens
Total Time
3k-ish
This may be thread creep, but am I the only one that thinks that phasing out steam guages on light piston airplanes is a serious, serious mistake?

-Goose

Last edited: