• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone rent from Air Desert Pacific?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I and another pilot rented a 100 hour block from them in June/July of 2000. The price was great. The planes were mechanically sound although not the most beautiful planes. They gave us three quarts of oil to use and we put 2 and a half cases in the aircraft over the course of 80 hours. We went IFR everywhere in all kinds of weather.

Neither of us had the prerequisite hours at the time so we each put in the mandated 10 hours with an instructor to include an ICC and a trip to Big Bear. We also did a minimum 25 T/Os and landings. By the way the instructor was a blonde Swedish girl. It was a most pleasant experience.

If you want to build some time they seemed fine to me. This info is 2 and a half years old but it's my 2 cents worth. I'm still in the service flying C-12s (King Air) and my buddy got out and is a first officer at ACA.

Gary

Wasn't so bad

I had a similar experience Socalplt and Garyg had. I did 100 hours in their Senecas in 1999. Always did a good preflight. Biggest problem was scheduling. We'd show up and the plane we reserved would be out flying or in for inspection.

ADP is one heck of a place to get some quality time. Mx is was not an issue during the year and half that I was there. You are able to take the planes on long cross countries and log some good quality time in the LA basin. I reccomended it to most of my buddies that wanted to build some multi time.

If you instruct there, plan on working 7 days a week 10 hour days. I always had way too many students, and not enough time in the day.

Latest resources

Back