Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tram

RaarR! SLM will getcha!!
Just curious as to what these things burn an hour?

24 gph in hard acro, typically 15-16 gph in cruise. I've seen the M-14P leaned out to as little as 11.5 gph in slow cruise.

Nice.. Thinkin about getting rid of the RV6 and trying to pick up a Yak.. Just something about that radial..

ive also been considering a yak but have no experience with them at all. How is the MX on that radial or the airplane in general, and overall operating expenses?

Yeh, that's another one of my questions..

I'd really like the have the 52-TW, but they are almost twice the $$ as the trike..

A buddy of ours has a 52, but I've never asked about mx or anything...

The Yaks are very reliable. I have flown the 50, 52 and the 9 YES the 9 ( with a 1625 hp allison v12)

The 52 is the absolute best bang for the buck out there. They were built to be used in near Arctic climates and that is the reason why they use an air system. Very easy to fly. They were designed to be maintained to the absolute minimum standard in the field and then sent back to the factory for overhauls. Here in the USA the birds are maintained and flown in a more delicate manner

" Switches 2-4-and 6 on the left side hit the starter flip the ignition switch on and use the wobble pump to keep it running until it settles in"

There are conversions to switch to automotive plugs and wires, us hoses, us instruments, and some have converted to normal us style brakes instead of the air powered handbrake. You can buy a nice plane for around $50-75k make sure it has the heavy spar. There is even a conversion to take the tri gear 52 and convert it into a taildragger.

The Yak 52 TW Generation 2 is out now so if you have big bucks put that on your wish list

Figure 25-30 gph flying acro at 80-85% power, cruise at 15gph 125kts

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back