Anyone on here ever fly in the UAE?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Hobbes

I am looking to correspond with anyone on here who has flown or lived in the UAE. Someone who is an American citizen and can give me their perspective and advice on working there for a year or two. If you have some input, please don't hesitate to PM me and we can email back and forth and/or talk via telephone if you don't mind.

Thanks!
Hobbes

Does flying combat sorties into Iraq from the UAE count? I woudn't live in that God foresaken place for anything if I had had a choice!

Check your PMs. And then go to www.pprune.com and look over the info there. A lot of good info there.

People are dying to fly over there...literally. Someone's got to do it I suppose, but is that really a risk you need to take?

Dying in the UAE? Total B-S. Life in the sand-pit may not be everyone's cuppa tea, but it's hardly life-threatening. Worst I have heard of is few alcohol-induced dead brain cells and maybe an STD or two, and I have plenty of mates who fly there.

Some operators ARE trying to fly their crews to death, and I certainly wouldn't walk around with the stars n bars sewn to my rucksack...

I was there earlier this year: Abu Dhabi is a good time. Dubai far better (or so I hear from others I know; I didn't make it over to Dubai).
Safety: Conde Nast Traveller Magazine (a mag for those that live to travel) rated Dubai the safest destination in the WORLD for the past two years in a row. The UAE seems to be transforming their country into something other than an oil economy. And they don't want any terrorists ruining their plan. Although there's no doubt that arms and bad guys transit the country, it remains very safe.

Huggyu2 said:
Safety: Conde Nast Traveller Magazine (a mag for those that live to travel) rated Dubai the safest destination in the WORLD for the past two years in a row.

But how safe is the trip going there?

"People are dying to fly over there...literally. Someone's got to do it I suppose, but is that really a risk you need to take?"

"But how safe is the trip going there?"

You have got to be kidding me! Do you think on the trip over you might have to connect through the Gaza strip or maybe fly low level over Baghdad. It amazes me how willing everyone is to make assumptions. UAE is a he!! of a lot safer then Las Vegas, and unless connecting through London scares you the trip is probably pretty safe.

The UAE is just as safe as NYC!!! Just as a smart person wouldn't walk through sections of Harlem at 3am, the same goes in the UAE.Dubai is a wonderful city, been there many times. The city has just about anything you can ask for and is very safe. The beaches are great, lot's of hot spots to go out at night, even have salsa clubs...gorgeous woman! Any club attached to a hotel serves beer and liquor....I would go back anytime.Fujurah, on the other hand, not so great. (much like sections of NYC)I flew in and out of the UAE for about six months straight a couple of years ago, enjoyed it very much.Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back