• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone on here ever fly in the UAE?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did I mention that I fly a G1000 equiped PT182RG with a Cirrus Parachute system? It also has XM and Sirius Satellite radio, and 42oz cup holders.

Metro752 said:
Did I mention that I fly a G1000 equiped PT182RG with a Cirrus Parachute system? It also has XM and Sirius Satellite radio, and 42oz cup holders.

I don't believe you... In the UAE they don't use ounces... so obviously your airplane has to have cup holders whose capacity is measured in liters (litres). The cupholders you speak of are totally useless!

Metro752,

Also if things haven't changed in the last six months your XM & Sirius radios are not going to work too well in the good ol' UAE. XM & Sirius reception is only available in the much better good ol' CONUS. No Alaska or Hawaii.

The minimums to fly for Emirates are still pretty high and still requires time on type.
I heard about poeple being hired as SO at Gulf air and that Emirates might start hiring SO as well. The minimums would probably be lowered in this case.
Anyone has more info on that?

Just a quick corretion to Fearlessfreep's post.
Abu Dhabi is the largest and most affluent emirate (state) not Dubai.
Dubai is the second.

Later,

The minimums to fly for Emirates are still pretty high and still requires time on type.

Not true, savi. I got called for a January interview (actually emailed for it), and I have no time on time. (Just a few hundred hours of heavy, very, VERY non-glass whale time...). I updated with my heavy time, got an email for more info 2 weeks later, gave them the additional info, and one day later got scheduled for an interview...

Emirates minimums are here:

www.emiratesgroupcareers.com

Basically 4000 total with 2000 multi-crew jet. Although 2000 multi-crew jet in a CRJ or ERJ doesn't seem to cut it. 1700 or more in one plus 300 in a bigger jet will though, witness one of my friends who just got hired from Indy after getting on the Airbus.

TP

Last edited:
Bad-Andy said:
Not true, savi. I got called for a January interview (actually emailed for it), and I have no time on time. (Just a few hundred hours of heavy, very, VERY non-glass whale time...). I updated with my heavy time, got an email for more info 2 weeks later, gave them the additional info, and one day later got scheduled for an interview...

Thanks for the replies and good luck to you Bad Andy.

Metro752 said:
I am the Sultans daughters personal CFII/MEI and I can say flying in the United Arab Emirates is some of the best in the world!

Is all of her training down under the hood?

well...the thread really took off and gave me a lot of good information, unfortunately, I think the job offer that I received was a complete scam only intended to get me to wire some money to a "travel agent" called "Emirates Travel Ltd." I couldn't get anyone to call me or answer any real questions about the "job." I never sent a dime (of course) because I hadn't verbally talked to anyone.

The job was for a company called Adgas, but I couldn't verify on the Adgas (a REAL company) website and of the information in the "contract...." at this point I am waiting for their weekend (Thursday-Friday) to end so I can try calling the Adgas company directly on Saturday. The job would have been a dream if it was real, but I just can't verify it yet.

Latest resources

Back