• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Anyone losing their buddy passes etc.??

sat74

Total Time
enough
I heard from a SkyWest friend that they are losing their buddy pass program March 1 2002, and their designated companion program December 31, 2001.

They are citing IRS issues and that they cannot afford to offer these programs anymore because it would cost too much in taxes to continue them.

Is there anyone at any other major or regional airline that is losing their programs?

Air Wisconsin, Comair/ASA, ACA, and Mesa especially???

Thanks,

chperplt

Total Time
I fly for a US Air express carrier.. We just filled out our renewals for next year.

English

Total Time
American Eagle and American lost their buddy pass program (known as the D3 passes), and has been replaced with an program for "extended family members".

sat74

Total Time
enough
Pleae provide the details of your program if you have or got to keep your buddy pass program.

Jiminmem

Total Time
Express I has a similar problem now. We get charged the full fare as extra income, so would be responsible for those taxes. So, now the buddy passes are basically useless. Oh well, another benefit we loose

chperplt

Total Time
8 buddy passes per year.. Pay 10% of the "Y" fare.

I pay $180 a year for myself, my wife, and my parents for unlimited travel throughout our domestic system. International travel requires additional taxes.