Anyone live in Las Vegas area?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flynearful

I am thinking about moving from Seattle to Las Vegas. I will be fresh out of college. There are a few analyst jobs open there. One is aviation related. Do any of you live in the Las Vegas area?
If so how is it? Does it get really old after awhile? How is the flying? I would be working on my commercial there.

Thanks

LAS

I lived there for a while and got kinda sick of some things. I wouldn't recommend against going there, though, if you can get a job. There is a unique aviation industry there revolving around Grand Canyon tours. I got a single engine job with pretty low time. If you live there and make some contacts you might be able to get an entry level flying job.

LAS

I've visited there many times, have driven through a few times, and have taken students there. It gets very hot in the summer - it'll be a big change from Seattle. I've never been to Seattle, but know that the weather there is far more moderate. I remember Las Vegas being dusty all the time.

Of course, as the others stated, a job that might get you somewhere trumps other considerations.

PS-I disagree with Avbug on the West's armpit. Farmington, New Mexico, would get my $0.02 vote. Las Vegas is paradise in comparison, with far, far more amenities.

Last edited:
LAS?

El Paso gets my vote as the armpit. Farmington looks like the Garden of Eden next to it. But then again I really dig the 4 Corners.

I lived just outside Vegas last summer. It does get old after a while, but a job is a job. And as said, if you make some good contacts and choose too persue a flying career, Vegas is a good place to start. I made some great friends and had a lot of fun flying the canyon. Not to mention the experience I got flying heavy airplanes into hot and high places. The best of luck to you.

I travel to LAS a few times a year for many reasons, golfing in the winter months would probably be the biggest that you cannot do in the East during this time of the year... I have always had a great time but I dunno if I could ever live there, much better to just "visit" in my opinion. After 7 days at a time out there I am pretty much "Vegased" out and looking forward to leaving. Being a young pup I also really enjoy the night life, by far some of the best clubs and bars in this great nation and the girls really don't make you work too too hard for that sumptin sumptin.:D New Years in Vegas is a must to experience especially at Rum Jungle in the Mandalay Bay.

As much as I enjoy frequenting Vegas I really don't think that I could live there, just a completely different lifestyle & it is too Fu$#**! hot in the summer.....

I disagree with Avbug on the West's armpit. Farmington, New Mexico

BUT they have a great Mexican restaurant at the airport...:D - I agree though with ya-

3 5 0

When you get 500 hours, head over to King Airlines at Henderson. They start hiring for the summer in February, but do fly year-round. I don't know details of pay or additional job duties. I do know their pilots build time very quickly.

Vegas, the only place in the west where you can get a 15 course steak buffet at 3 AM for $4.15.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

If your calling Vegas the armpit......... then you've never been to Houston!!!!! ahhhhhh get me outta here

Latest resources

Back