• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know who crashed at 3MY today?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't know who, but I arrived shortly after the mishap. I can't believe that guy survived, let alone didn't have any scratches. He better thank his maker for that. That airplane is toast.

N152SG, that was my flying club's airplane. At least nobody was injured.
It was a really nice airplane too, what a shame.

The airplane had a 5-point harness, which did it's job very well I guess.

Looks like I won't be flying for a few weeks...

I don't even know how a 5-point harness could save someone in a crash like that. Damn lucky is what he is. Sheeesh....

Last edited:
DGdaPilot said:
I don't even know how a 5-point harness could save someone in a crash like. dang lucky is what he is. Sheeesh....
What the hizzle happened?

Did the plane go into a tail spin after the engine was sputtering and the plane sounded like it was laboring ? ;)

Say what? I'm not going to speculate as to what caused the accident, even though Peoria's (fire chief?) already told the news his info. I just know that the nose gear was turned around 180 degrees, the whole engine and engine compartment was hanging about 35 degrees from where it should be, one wingtip was bent up, and the other was bent down. Toast...

Yeah, I know. Like I said, I was there immediately after it happened. But I don't like to publicly announce what I think I know until it's been verified by a reliable source (ie: the pilot, the NTSB or FAA; not Channel 19 news).

DGdaPilot said:
Yeah, I know. Like I said, I was there immediately after it happened. But I don't like to publicly announce what I think I know until it's been verified by a reliable source (ie: the pilot, the NTSB or FAA; not Channel 19 news).

That was from the CFI who runs the flying club, not Channel 19. It was directed more at gkrangers than you.

Latest resources

Back