• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know what carrier this is?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks. Sounds like they got trapped a little trying to beat one in. Not like it hasn't happenned to me before. Sometimes you get in sometimes you don't, but good thing they didn't try to pound it down.

Thanks. Sounds like they got trapped a little trying to beat one in. Not like it hasn't happenned to me before. Sometimes you get in sometimes you don't, but good thing they didn't try to pound it down.

Too bad they didn't just go hold for 30 minutes, and have an uneventful trip, rather than play hero, at the expense of everyone on board.
Reminds me of another Delta flight that tried to land at DFW many years ago under the same conditions.

Too bad they didn't just go hold for 30 minutes, and have an uneventful trip, rather than play hero, at the expense of everyone on board.
Reminds me of another Delta flight that tried to land at DFW many years ago under the same conditions.

Wow, you must have been there in the cockpit to know exactly what happened. Because passengers in the back always know what is going on and report it accurately to the press.

I always read media accounts of aviation with suspicion. This is especially true if the reporter uses the word "plummeted".

People were thrown from their seats? There is an amazing invention just out ... a seatbelt. Somewhere along the trip I bet someone mentioned to these fine people something about tray tables up/seatbelts fastened/etc.
After flying some teams around for a couple years, seeing their arrogance, I wonder why they are even in an airplane. SOME of them, I think, would just blink and Poof, they're there.
Having a popcicle rammed through the back of your head is rough though.
I guess I'm glad to be taking the boxes to and fro.
Mini rant over.

I have NOT flown that particular team, I am sure they were/are perfectly behaved

Last edited:
Wow, you must have been there in the cockpit to know exactly what happened. Because passengers in the back always know what is going on and report it accurately to the press.

Well said., I agree 100%...speculation, especially from another pilot, pisses me off!

Gee...and those 128 people were in one of those scarey, little (767) planes, too. :rolleyes:

About the ability of our media to either find their collective a$$es with both hands and/or publish and accurate aviation-related piece, well, the story starts by mentioning they aborted the landing, not the approach.

Looking at FlightAware, the CA decided to loiter fairly early.

Soccer Mom Diane shares here opinion...
"We have a very sophisticated Weather Bureau that tells us when and where to expect bad weather. Why did they defy these reports and fly anyway. The report said this was the pilots first landing, not that that had anything to do with the weather, but knowing the weather report, you would think these kids would have had an experienced pilot. why didn't they delay the flight???????"
"Psst...Chicken Little....BOO!"

Buckle Up. Shut Up. Bye-Bye.

Last edited:
According to news reports on FOX, several passengers admitted to not having seat belt on.

Latest resources

Back