• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know of any San Antonio Corporate jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They had 2 Lear 60s and 2 Citation Xs. I believe that they now have a G-IV and G-V to replace the Xs(which were new in 2005).

I guess I could ask it all in one!! What about starting pay, schedule? I heard once that they make you come to work everyday regardless if you fly or not, is that true?

I never worked for Valero, but did interview there and have heard some additional "third party" info.

Back a few years ago, they were paying low 80K to start in the two LR-60s and two CE-750s. As I recall, there was nothing like a set schedule, but the trips were known in advance. You were expected to show up when not flying to work on projects and I got the impression that guys were just standing around trying to look busy.

My overall impression was that it was an "newly evolving" flight department with rather deep pockets (go figure!). Everyone seemed nice, but they all seemed to be trying to fit into their own corporate mold. A friend described them as "The Stepford Pilots". I think that fits, at least with what I saw.

One other thought...Valero is well known for it's generosity toward charities, especially United Way. That's great, but I believe that they compel their employees to donate. A friend who worked there in a non-flying capacity told me that when he went in to fill out his HR paperwork, they didn't ask if he wanted to donate, they asked how much he wanted to donate, then they said "You can give a little more than that, can't you?" It seems a bit insincere to spend your employee's paycheck for them just so you can have the local paper print a story about how "Valero Employees give X Dollars To Charity". I'd think more of them if they said "We only pay 60K, but your paycheck is going to say 80K because your gonna donate 20K on our behalf, capisce?"

That being said, I'd have taken the job, if offered...I just don't think that I'd have liked it very much.

Thanks for all the good info, I know some upper management there and just trying learn a little about the av. dept. since i cant find any anywhere else.
I'm also trying to find some stuff on NuStar.

Thanks again

p.s. do you fly out of SAT

Latest resources

Back