Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know how to get training records?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

avl_pilot

Ok, here is the situation, we just had a guy come into our office and applied for a flight instructor position. He starts talking about his flight time and were he has flown, then he starts talking about how he just left an airline(AirWis.) right before he finished his sim. training. He said that the airline was going to base him in a different city than what he was told during indoc. So he says he "resigned" and moved here and just wants to instruct for a while until he can figure out his next move. My question is, how could the company find out about this guys training record at AirWis? The guy just seemed a little off when he was talking about his airline experience or maybe I'm just invious of him for making it to an airline before me.;) Anyway I'd just like to know what the process is for finding out this information, Thanks.

You could do a PRIA check on him, however, since he never finished training and took the ride, Air Wisconsin might not show up on his previous employment records.

You could also call or write their HR department requesting verification of employment.

if anything he would have been awarded the base he wanted since airwis has new realignments come out every month now. sounds sketchy at best.

don't even waste you time looking into an applicant that doesn't feel right.... just put his paperwork on the back burner until a better applicant comes along. less work for you, no job for him, no problem!

2000flyer said:
You could also call or write their HR department requesting verification of employment.
Your pilot applicant should have a form that AWAC gives you when you move on. There is a place where the reason for leaving is stated. Ask him if he'd like to show you the form. Don't hold the no rehire status against him though. That's pretty standard for all pilots leaving the company.

Thanks for the advice, the owner of the company wants to look into this guy further b/c of his airline experience/flight time so I'm going to try your ideas and see if his training record brags about him as much he does about himself.:D

Latest resources

Back