Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone know anything about Northern Air Cargo?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SF3CA

Just wondering if anyone knew anything about NAC in ANC? Is is a decent place to work? I know the DC-6's are cool and it would be heck of an experience to fly them, but what I am looking for is how is the attitude of the people at the airline? Are they happy working there? Is the Management competent? Is it a place that someone would enjoy working for many years?..........Just currious.

SF3CA

MAR is the man to talk to!

Thanks for the info!

My wife is actually filling out the application right now for a flight control agent (dispatching). We are moving up next month and she is looking for a job. She has a couple of months of experience (eagle) and then quit to move to ANC with me. She is looking for a job that will fun and challenging, not boring and negative. The main thing is she wants to enjoy her job, not hate it.

thanks again for the info

Flight control agent

Hi. Yeah I worked at NAC for a little while. Right now, believe it or not, after over 40 years in the business, they're trying to reinvent themselves.

The "dispatcher" at NAC reports to the chief pilot and DO. The DO just retired so the chief pilot is now the DO and a line Capt has moved into the chief pilots office.

In my opinion, the current DO, was the best boss I've *ever* had. Period. Dot. End of sentence.

The new chief pilot happens to be a close personal friend of mine.

The best thing about NAC is the people....but not exactly the ownership. It's basically just a mom and pop outfit but pop died several years ago, so, you know how that goes.

I have no idea what the future holds for NAC but if worse comes to worse at least your wife would have gotten to know the other operators up there: Everts, PenAir, Lynden, Alaska....

The biggest headache for everyone in Ops at NAC is the guy that heads the load planning dept. Real headache.

Good luck.

dispatcher121 said:
and are the state's premier cargo carrier.

Not sure what criteria you're using to determine "premier-ness" (premerity?) From an employee standpoint, both Alaska (yes, Alaska hauls a lot of cargo in Alaska) and Lynden stand head and shoulders above NAC. From a customer service standpoint, NAC is fairly low down on the list.

dispatcher121 said:
They also have the largest operating fleet of DC6's in the world.

Not even close, Evert's gets that distinction. They have 8 currently operating on the 121 certificate and 2 on the 125 certificate. They'll be likely adding 2 more to the 125 certificate, planes which they bought from NAC when they folded up thier bulk fuel service a few monghts ago. I think NAC has something like 4-5 DC-6's operational now

Latest resources

Back