Anyone Jumpseated on Spirit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tired_pilot

I called reservations to list, they understood I was a pilot and wanted to jumpseat from LAX to LAS. They said they would be happy to list me as long as I provided a credit card to pay for taxes? I told them there shouldnt be any taxes LA to Vegas, they claimied there were.

I assume the agent was mistaken. I'm just going to show up at the gate and see what happens. Anyone else experience this? Is their a listing protocol with Spirit?

Thanks!

There should be no taxes. I have jumpseated on Spirit with no problems. Go to the gate about 1 hour early and list. The gate agent was nice enough to give me an emergency exit seat.

Did it LAS to DTW last week. Listed ahead of time, no credit card needed. Everyone was great.

They tried to charge me for my carry on bag when I was a jumpseating from ORD to DTW once. LOL

Thankfully the Capt came up to the gate and was able to sort the agents out.

I called reservations to list, they understood I was a pilot and wanted to jumpseat from LAX to LAS. They said they would be happy to list me as long as I provided a credit card to pay for taxes? I told them there shouldnt be any taxes LA to Vegas, they claimied there were.

I assume the agent was mistaken. I'm just going to show up at the gate and see what happens. Anyone else experience this? Is their a listing protocol with Spirit?

Thanks!

Don't use the main res number.... There is a different number for JSers, it's listed on APC.

Latest resources

Back