• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone interview at Mesaba recently?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe Aug/Sep furloughs will be doing 2 sims plus a PC, and the earlier furloughs will be doing 4 sims and a PC. (shortcourse folks) FO's will be paired up so they will be doing 2 every 4 hours vs 1 every 4 hours if they had upgrades. If done right this process could be effiecient....then again they don't really need all these fo's do they? IOE could be more painfull although the shortcoursers don't need all that much. I think anyway (covers the whole statement)

Glad I will be doing the long course then....
I would be hard pressed to remember WTF to do in the Avro in just a couple sessions at this point. Heck it's been years since I have flown any props... it would take me 4 sims just to remember what all the extra levers are for at this point.

Double-click.

Last edited:
If you do some reading about the 'Learning Process', you'd learn that the above post is the very reason why the test score [of any kind and level] have dropped alarmingly over the past 20 years. Students are increasingly becoming more interested in the 'techniques' of taking the test rather than mastering the subject matter.

For me, I wish we could do away with 'multiple-type' questions. Imagine taking a PPL/IR/CAX/CFII/ATP, etc., tests with no choices of answers given.

Shaheen

What makes you think Cuban isn't very well versed in the learning process?

The Wonderlic test is hard to study for, and might not be finished in the time allotted. Part of the test might just be how the test is taken.

Answer every question you can, in the last few minutes bubble in C - and be done with it. It doesn't take genius to figure out that, statistically, one out of every four questions is a freebie (given A-D), but it might take a genius to figure out the rotational speed of the tire in question 19. Don't waste your time on one question when you can get more points.

If the questions were aviation related, I'd agree with you Shaheen.

If you do some reading about the 'Learning Process', you'd learn that the above post is the very reason why the test score [of any kind and level] have dropped alarmingly over the past 20 years. Students are increasingly becoming more interested in the 'techniques' of taking the test rather than mastering the subject matter.

For me, I wish we could do away with 'multiple-type' questions. Imagine taking a PPL/IR/CAX/CFII/ATP, etc., tests with no choices of answers given.

Shaheen

Relax and read about what the Wonderlick actually is before you make yourself look like, well, never mind. There is no technique to taking it. It is a multifaceted test that has a time limit for a very specific reason and it is not intended to be completed in its entirety. None of our applicants complete it unless they just guess on the last 1/3rd of the test and then their score does not change; hence my previous post.

I believe Aug/Sep furloughs will be doing 2 sims plus a PC, and the earlier furloughs will be doing 4 sims and a PC. (shortcourse folks) FO's will be paired up so they will be doing 2 every 4 hours vs 1 every 4 hours if they had upgrades. If done right this process could be effiecient....then again they don't really need all these fo's do they? IOE could be more painfull although the shortcoursers don't need all that much. I think anyway (covers the whole statement)

Wow! sounds like it will be a busy few weeks in Eagan. Better dust off the notebooks. What's BAITCAN again...?

So the wonderlic IS multiple choice? That makes me feel a little better...

Some q's are, some aren't. FWIW, I didn't study for it (I don't think you really can effectively) and answered 47/50... without mindlessly writing down answers. From talking to the other guys in my group, everyone completed from ~25 to ~45 I think. I'd say the only strategy would be to not dwell on one question for too long, skip it and come back to it if time allows... just like any test.

Latest resources

Back