anyone interested in Lynx should seriously reconsider

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

yaks

The company bought the Q 400 but didn't bother to check for o2 capability (none). They will either have to buy different equipment or go through the stc process. F9 management at its best.

I'd bet a shiny new quarter they did check and decided against it.

The company bought the Q 400 but didn't bother to check for o2 capability (none). They will either have to buy different equipment or go through the stc process. F9 management at its best.

What difference does it make? It can get above any peak in the Rockies by at least 10,000 feet without O2. They may have to go a little out of the way on some routes avoid extended times above 10,000 feet in the event of a decompression, but I don't think it's going to shut down the operation.

Are you saying they do not have the drop down masks? With them they may need a mid-pt alternate, without, they will need to able to desend to 14,000 ft within 4 min subject to any MOCA limitations. I don't think they will have a problem going to places like ASE or JAC.

Funny how talk develops

Are you saying they do not have the drop down masks? With them they may need a mid-pt alternate, without, they will need to able to desend to 14,000 ft within 4 min subject to any MOCA limitations. I don't think they will have a problem going to places like ASE or JAC.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
To set everyone straight : Bombardier never had a drop down mask system for Q400. They list is as available option (which nobody has requested). Their marketing took advantage of the design of larger overhead bins originally (since the mask boxes were not there) and until now customers did not operate them in high terrain environments. Keep in mind you can have their planes customized to any specs--as long as you're willing to pay for it.

If the Bombardier develops it into a mod for the type (i.e. -402 -403.etc) then there shouldn't be an STC involved. Thus far, it is a minor problem for Lynx and would require some 'escape routes' to comply with the descend below 14k in 4 minutes. Perhaps when Lynx takes delivery of later aircraft they may incorporate a O2 system if that is available in negotiation. It could be an adapted CRJ system (o2 generators).

Meanwhile - Lynx has the potential to really grow and become an awesome company. The people have a great attitude and the opportunities are worth coming onboard. They will get their 1st plane the end of June.

For those interested: update and submit your resumes'.

Latest resources

Back