Anyone hiring CFI's...Anywhere?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

carrie22

If they are, what are the mins required?

Is an MEI really necessary?

I will have both CFI/CFII by this summer and I'm willing to travel anywhere.

Any leads are greatly appreciated.

Carrie

MEI

Where I'm from, a CFI jobs are few and far between. Im from spokane, wa... but... the local FBO has a twin but isn't instructing in it at the moment because they need an MEI. My plan is to obtain all three instructor ratings, for this reason. It just makes you that much more attractive to a potential employer. They may be more willing to hire if they know they can use you in more than one area of instructing. Might as well go for the mei while you're looking for a job, it can't hurt.
No one has posted for you so I thought id just throw my opinion out there :)

The school I work for in New Orleans may be looking for someone this summer. Check out their website at http://www.airreldan.com

I can give you the details here:

We have 3 152's, 3 172's, 2 Seneca II's, 1 Navajo, 1 King Air 90. The twins are mostly for charter, although the Senecas are used for training occasionally.

The pay is $10/hr flight time, $8/hr ground school. It is pretty low, although you will build your time pretty quick. Average is between 50-75 hours a month, depending on your student load.

I know Daniel Webster College in Nashua, NH is looking for 10 new CFIs. It's not a bad deal on they want is a CFI, THEY will pay for your CFII, and MEI. They also provide full medical and dental. Not a bad place to be for awhile.

I saw a classified ad in a newspaper in San Jose Ca.
(Sunday Apr. 27")
"Hiring CFI's" "Nice Air" is the name of the school.
I don't live up their, but if you are willing to move, check them out. Hope this helps. :)

Aviation jobs are hard to find, especially positions that are directly related to flying. I don't know of any CFI jobs open, try jobsearch.com or your local newspaper.

Latest resources

Back