• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone heard from NWA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, I think the Atari might be a little bit too advanced. :)

You couldn't track a radial and enter a hold on an ol' six pack if you were the only pilot and last hope on a DC-9 and for whatever reason the flight crew went Tango Uniform.....

I mean...have you ever flown a real airplane?

:beer:

Contract Improvements on the Horizon???

Tentative Agreement Reached
Early this morning, your NWA ALPA Negotiating Committee and management reached a Tentative Agreement (TA) in an effort to address the staffing problem and the heavy work load our pilots have experienced since the signing of the bankruptcy contract.

Among other items, the TA permanently establishes a rate of 150 percent pay for every hour flown above 80 hours which encourages management to lower monthly maximums and to hire additional pilots. The TA also provides incentives for instructors, allowing additional training capacity for returning furloughees and new hires. In addition, ALPA granted the company relief in regards to the 757 crew bunk requirement for international flights.

Northwest MEC Chairman Dave Stevens, Vice Chairman Ray Miller and Secretary-Treasurer Bob Elflein appreciate the work by the Negotiating Committee to help repair the contract and thank the pilot group for its significant contribution to the success of Northwest Airlines.

“This agreement is a step in the right direction toward addressing important issues affecting our pilot group. It also serves as an excellent example of the success our airline can achieve when management and employees work together,” Capt. Stevens said. “I am hopeful we can continue to have meaningful dialogue with Northwest management to improve service and employee satisfaction.”

The Negotiating Committee will be posting the TA on the NWA MEC website (https://crewroom.alpa.org/nwamec) as soon as possible so that pilots will be able to discuss the proposal with their base representatives prior to an anticipated formal MEC review and possible ratification on Saturday evening.

This marks the end of today's Hotline. Until next time,
FLY SAFE
FLY THE CONTRACT

DON’T FLY SICK
DON’T FLY FATIGUED
DON’T FLY HUNGRY

This is the 2nd time improvements have been negotiated to the POS Contract that's in place.

You couldn't track a radial and enter a hold on an ol' six pack if you were the only pilot and last hope on a DC-9 and for whatever reason the flight crew went Tango Uniform.....

I mean...have you ever flown a real airplane?

:beer:

Hey, those 1900B & C models made the DC-9 look cutting edge. :) Could I do it now? Not a chance in hell. :laugh:

NWA called and said "Your flight has been canceled, go by a ticket on our competitor"... "oh, and we are blaming the Pilots too"

you are saying that NWA is losing 30 pilots a month? Where are they going? Is this due to mostly retirements? It must be. I have seen that most of the other airlines are adding narrow body planes to their fleet, where as NWa seems to be only slated for the new boeing 787 orders which does not seem that big compared to other orders. Then there are the remaining 330 deliveries..... With the scheduled parking of the 9's and the loss of the 319's how is this any growth to compete with the other airlines in taking market share for the expected growth of air travel? Does NWA just plan on covering this growth with 76 seat flying? Whats up with that? should we expect any a/c orders from NWA thats larger than 110 seats?

NWA is sending out PS3 and XBox consoles to ERAU to train in the 300 hour wonderpilots on how to fly the Airbus.

Any new hires going to the 9 will be sent an old Atari pong console to train on equipment of comparable age and technology.

LMAO!

All joking aside , after what happened in Brazil, that grey area of computerized automation. Sometimes in hectic situations you don't know what the machine is trying to accomplish and the machine doesn't know what you're trying to accomplish, I'll take the Direct Cable 9 any day of the week.

Brings back memories of the A320 becoming the first computerized chain saw.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back