Anyone hear anything???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

YeOldeProp

Well, the first round of the stop loss review has come and past. Didn't make it into our base newspaper, but it did get an article in some of the base newspapers. None of us were eligible, so maybe the bosses decided not even to bring it out into the open. Anyone hear any rumors, hearsay, or gossip about the opening of the doors so folks can decide whether to stay or go? Just curious...we don't even talk about it in the flight room that much any more. Funny how a few years and a quick battle will slow things down. And folks are pretty satisfied with their performances over the last 18 months or so (and rightfully so). But, most of the Mom's and the kids are getting fed up and putting their two-cents worth in as well. Folks are even looking beyond the preferred aviation follow-on careers and searching for something that's fun, challenging and will keep food on the table.

We'll see what happens...just wanted to know if you folks were following along...

I just filled out a letter of intent for my DOS (asking if I want to keep, change or pull my DOS). I've been told stop loss will be ending soon. What's soon? Don't know but it should be by the end of June (hopefully!).

But, most of the Mom's and the kids are getting fed up and putting their two-cents worth in as well.

You started losing me the sentence prior, this one sealed it. What are you saying?
Folks are even looking beyond the preferred aviation follow-on careers and searching for something that's fun, challenging and will keep food on the table.
Interesting, what are they finding? I knew a guy who quit flying and went to work at Anderson Consulting, back when they were a respected company. I wonder what he's doing now? Even some civilian jobs have that “airline” risk.

Latest resources

Back