Anyone have leads on non-cfi jobs in Bos

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

legaleagle

Just curious. Looking for traffic/police etc. around the Boston area. Will probably do the CFI route as well.

ha haaaa ha

Really?

Other than the fact that you couldn't fly because they don't usually give pilot's licenses to graduates of kindergarten, does anyone have any useful information. I have tossed around the idea of pursuing the commercial pilot route as a career, as I originally was working toward the commercial as a goal while I flew for business and pleasure. Love to have goals to work toward. But, I have worked hard to get these ratings, and think that becoming a commercial pilot would be rewarding. If I could find a flying job that is rewarding, while I finish up law school (happen to have night classes this year, even though I am a day student), I think that might help sway me in the right direction. Any mature responses?

1900cpt. Whatup? U working?

Legal- why dont you cfi?

Last edited:
I am going to get the CFI hopfully by Thanksgiving, but thought it would be nice to do something else, like fly traffic, patrols, skydiving or something. As long as I am insurable.

Legal:

You are going to have a nearly impossible time finding anything other than work as a CFI. Especially with the committments you have to school.

I would venture a guess that many other people chance into flying jobs above the CFI by being available all the time. You are at a distinct disadvantage here--you probably cannot just leave with no real idea of when you will return.

That said, the CFI will barely help put you through school. As a CFI, part time, you'd be real lucky to put in 40 hours a month, which roughly means you would pocket around 600 a month from that. Of course, you'd probably have a lot more fun CFI'ing it up than you seem to think. Being a CFI is fun, and since it's not like you are trying to use it to feed yourself--it will most likely remove the worst part of the job.

But I can't help you withe the Boston question--I'm pretty far away from that part of the country.

Dan

Dan, I appreciate the thoughts. As for law school, not trying to get it paid for or really make money. Just do two things that I like....fly and teach people. Law school is paid for, and I am just looking to instruct or fly during the day until 6 because class this semester worked out to be all at night...SWEET.... Anyway, thanks for the help.

BTW, anyone ever fly traffic with Victor Kaposa's outfit at KBVY? They fly 152's around Boston for the radio stations, etc. I have been told that you can build hours quickly there, as he uses a com pilot and a private pilot that is required to look out for traffic and run the equip. I heard through my internship at the FAA regional counsel's office, etc. I that his planes lose engines all the time, and he is a regular nut..

Any advice would be appreciated....don't want to kill myself intentionally.

I know that there ARE traffic reporting outfits in the Boston area, where they are based, dunno. But i do know I've almost mowed a few of 'em over on the way into Bedford/Hanscom. Thank god for TCAS up in that area. You may wanna go and hang out at BED and get to know folks there. Maybe able to score a gig up there. Remember its not all about what ya know, but who ya know!

Good Luck! :D

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back