Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone goin to the Colgan interviews on Mon. in LGA.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

junkjockey

FlyingSausage
If anyone has any details...please let me know. I spoke to chuck colgan today and I couldn't get a word in. He basically said hello and a ticket to laguardia is in the mail. No phone interview, no details, nothin!!! If anyone can give me some help, i would appreciate it.

no beer for you this weekend.. see ya when i get back.

LGA ticket

junkjockey said:
If anyone has any details...please let me know. I spoke to chuck colgan today and I couldn't get a word in. He basically said hello and a ticket to laguardia is in the mail. No phone interview, no details, nothin!!! If anyone can give me some help, i would appreciate it.

Here's the break down for LGA.

You will be taking a 50 question ATP test. The question are right out of ATP Gliem. Don't worry about any quesitons regarding diagrams. Few question on Jepp Approach Plates. If your instrument current. shouldn't be a problem . 70% is the passing score for FO, and 80% for captains.

Then comes the Sim check on Beech 1900C full motion sim. The sim instructor is pretty cool, he'll give you all the power settings, you takeoff from runway 22 at LGA, climb upto 3000' then some vectors around to get the feel for the sim. Takes about 2mins to get use to it. Make sure you trim the plane. (remember its still a plane) Then he'll give you direct LGA vor. Make sure the freq. is tuned in. don't worry about ID. Will heading direct to LGA, he'll make up a hold, You will get a piece of paper and have enough time to draw the hold and confirm it with you sim partner (they will pair you up with other applicant) before you brief it to Sim instructor. As long as you tell him the right entry and speed he'll give you radar vectors for ILS 22 at LGA. No winds, no tricks, plain ILS. you'll break at 500' and landing not graded. The whole sim experience was a blast. Don't sweat it, its not hard at all. Just study the gliem and you'll do just fine.

If you have any further question, please let me know.

Good Luck

Last edited:
LOL I am sorry did you say draw the hold with your sim partner? LOL you want to be an airline pilot right? LOL . On a serious note PM me I interviewed there sucessfully.

GEORGE DUBYA said:
LOL I am sorry did you say draw the hold with your sim partner? LOL you want to be an airline pilot right? LOL . On a serious note PM me I interviewed there sucessfully.

I said "confirm" not draw with you sim partner.

Wow, is that true about drawing a hold? My old instrument instructor said he drew his hold on his United interview and ended up getting the job...this was several years back, but I'm sure that doesn't make a difference....

Latest resources

Back