Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone go to the Aeroservice/Climbto350.com careers fair?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BritishGuy

I was going to go to the Aeroservice/Climbto350.com careers fair in Miami yesterday, but decided against it. Did anyone go? Was it useful? Any 'hired on the spot' stories??

Would like to know, just want to see what I missed out on!

yeah, i'm wondering the same... how was it? When will the next one be?

Lines were loooong. About an hour wait to talk with the recruiters. It was the first one I have attended, and I didn't hear of anyone being "hired on the spot". It was more of a meet and great atmoshpere than actual interview situation. Not sure when the next one is, check aeroservices website for info.

I went, I asked several people if they heard of anybody getting jobs on the spot, they all said no.

I'm not sure what to make of the fair, I really dont think that these airlines would waste there time though.

Some of the airlines were pretty dissapointing I might add. I waited for over an hour and a half to talk to Arrow, and all they said they are looking for are Engineers, but they advertised all 3 positions.

If anybody recieved jobs or interviews, please post them here.

LR25 said:
Some of the airlines were pretty dissapointing I might add. I waited for over an hour and a half to talk to Arrow, and all they said they are looking for are Engineers, but they advertised all 3 positions.

Well, considering that Aeroservice advertised that Southwest was hiring "B-737 Captains & First Officers".....and we all know that Southwest does NOT hire Captains off the street....it made me wonder about their truthfulness about the rest of the companies. I considered going, but decided it wasn't worth wasting my time.

Aeroservice

I went to a fair in March in Miami and would say I feel like it was a waste of time. I thought that it would be in a well open place to see and look at their tables. This was not the case they have the fair set up on the second floor in a small hall with the class rooms on the side. In each class there is a company that will look at your resume. Also there is really no room to move in the hall because there are so many people waiting in the lines that take over a hour to get to the front. I feel that there are better jobs out there then the ones being offered or listed there , many of the people there had a good amount of hours. Cape Air is normally there and a few other cargo companies. Pro's could win a 737 type rating from aeroservice, does not cost anything to get in and you do not need to be a climbto350 member. Depends what you are looking for they do have a lot of cargo stuff there but I never saw anyone get hired.

I went to the Aeroservice job fair this past saturday. I was hired and so were four of the guys in line with me. Best of all I had two other offers.

Seems to me that the guys with bad attitudes did not come away with anything. Believe me, there were a lot of bad attitudes there.

Southwest was talking to everyone. In fact she got me into a mentor program with them because I didn't meet their requirements.

Aeroservice does not charge for the job fair and it seems like they are really trying to get us jobs. I paid over $2,000 in Air Inc shows and have yet to have anyone from there even talk to me. My advise is to stick with Aeroservice.

For all of you negative guys out there, I don't think you would be happy even if someone did offer you a job.

For you guys who are interested, Aeroservice told me that the next job fair will be in September sometime. Good luck guys! If I can do it so can you!

Man, I guess I talked to all the wrong companies. Mjandise, you mean to tell me that you had job offers from three different companies? That is pretty astonishing, especially since I personally knew at least a dozen folks who walked away empty handed. Not to mention that noone I talked with in any of the lines had heard of anyone being hired on the spot. I guess my aloha shirt and sandals didn't impress anyone too much. I must admit, I am very intrigued to hear who you were hired by? Do tell.

Latest resources

Back