Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone fly into MMSL (Cabo San Lucas) Airport?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NCherches

Anyone been to the smaller MMSL (not the big airport MMSD) in Cabo?

Any problems with it? It seems easier, quicker, and closer but I have heard the road to town sucks. Anything else?

Landed at MMSL airport about a month ago and had a great experience. Staff was extremely professional and believe it or not they said "we're not allowed to accept tips". Didn't make the drive into town, but the drive from MMSD isn't a cake walk either. Call ahead for parking space. I highly recommend MMSL. I'll look up the contact info for you if needed...I have the handlers business card with cell phone/email.

Anyone been to the smaller MMSL (not the big airport MMSD) in Cabo?

Any problems with it? It seems easier, quicker, and closer but I have heard the road to town sucks. Anything else?

The neighborhood that the airport is in is absolutely horrible. It is surrounded by worse poverty than anything you would find in the US. And yes, the road to town is terrible. Supposedly, they are rebuilding it and it will be ok after. Not sure about the other comment saying the road from MMSD isn't too good either. Both the toll road and the normal road seem fine to me.

The airport is very dirty; we left our plane there for five days and upon return, it was more brown than white, thanks to the dirt all around the airport.

MMSL is significantly more expensive to use than MMSD. For a one week stay, the costs are about $750 more compared to MMSD for parking, etc. In addition, fuel is about $1 more per gallon at MMSL.

All the above being said, MMSL is an alright airport with friendly staff. But definitely no competition to MMSD, in my opinion.

The neighborhood that the airport is in is absolutely horrible. It is surrounded by worse poverty than anything you would find in the US. And yes, the road to town is terrible. Supposedly, they are rebuilding it and it will be ok after. Not sure about the other comment saying the road from MMSD isn't too good either. Both the toll road and the normal road seem fine to me.

The airport is very dirty; we left our plane there for five days and upon return, it was more brown than white, thanks to the dirt all around the airport.

MMSL is significantly more expensive to use than MMSD. For a one week stay, the costs are about $750 more compared to MMSD for parking, etc. In addition, fuel is about $1 more per gallon at MMSL.

All the above being said, MMSL is an alright airport with friendly staff. But definitely no competition to MMSD, in my opinion.

Almost the exact same comments I made to the same question asked elsewhere.

Even one of our hangar partners (owner flown) who has a house on the hill in Cabo will not go to MMSL after trying it one time last year.

Were going to give MMSL a try. They seem nice and the prices are about the same for us in a Citation 550... We don't need much gas and they quoted us $230 handling at MMSL where $350-400 seems about the norm at MMSL.

They said the road is just about finished and is much better than a few months ago and I will report back. MMSL also has some awesome crew rates at nice hotels in Cabo. $80-$120 for a nice all inclusive place.

Even one of our hangar partners (owner flown) who has a house on the hill in Cabo will not go to MMSL after trying it one time last year.

The owner of the airplane that I fly won't go in there either. We went in there once last year, and between the road from the airport, 60+ minutes to clear customs (compared to 5 minutes after landing being in the car when we use MMSD), the neighborhood that the airport is in, and the extra few thousand dollars to use the airport, he isn't interested in using MMSL.

With the above being said, as has been seen here, some swear by MMSL. Personally, I don't get it; I see nothing good about that airport. But, to each their own...

Were going to give MMSL a try. They seem nice and the prices are about the same for us in a Citation 550... We don't need much gas and they quoted us $230 handling at MMSL where $350-400 seems about the norm at MMSL.

They said the road is just about finished and is much better than a few months ago and I will report back. MMSL also has some awesome crew rates at nice hotels in Cabo. $80-$120 for a nice all inclusive place.

I don't doubt that they have good crew rates, but great rates aren't hard to find in Cabo right now. I left there this morning, and the place is void of tourists. The killings in Mexico have put a major dent in tourism down there. We paid $150/night for a hotel that usually is around $500/night, minimum...

The FBO got me into the Riu Palace (all inclusive for $120usd)... Online it was about 150usd. They also had the Riu Sante Fe for 88usd and the Finistair (or something) for about $80. ... About 20-30 off of internet pricing. Riu Palace looks really nice.

The FBO got me into the Riu Palace (all inclusive for $120usd)... Online it was about 150usd. They also had the Riu Sante Fe for 88usd and the Finistair (or something) for about $80. ... About 20-30 off of internet pricing. Riu Palace looks really nice.

The Riu Palace is AWESOME! You'll love it. The Santa Fe is pretty good too.

What type of CFR in MMSL? Folks should consider that, in-as-much-as MMSD is serving Flag-carriers and has the corresponding CFR.

Latest resources

Back