Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone flown into Sun N Fun (not in a big smasher)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SIG600

Anyone here taken anything big or tactical into Lakeland for the show? I took a Bonanza in there back in the 90's and remember it being controlled chaos, looking for any one's input that's landed something fast in there that can't do the normal 100 kt VFR arrival.

Sig

Not big or tactical...A long, long, long, time ago I took a Tweet in there. (2 years in row). Got to hang out fo the entire event, 10 days I think. What a boon doogle!!! Especially since I'm from Tampa. Getting in there was chaos, we were UHF only flying into the beehive. At the time the tower controller only had a hand held UHF to support us. We were clearing like a mofo...I believe our clearance to land was some thing like." Valor 46, use caution for traffic above you, low left to the 09 left... he's s-turning for spacing across your nose, and traffic to land in thr grass to right, winds are calm, cleared to land 09 Center."

What a great experience!

Last edited:
Took a Tweet in there as well a number of years ago. I think it was one of the funniest things I ever did in the AF. The controller was simulcasting nonstop on the UHF and we couldn't get a word in. Airplanes everywhere. We actually got passed by a Lancair...

The show treated us great once we got on the ground. Great airshow!

Took a Tweet and a Beechjet in there a few times. We asked for and got the "warbird" arrival, which was essentially a straight-in clear of all the other traffic. If I remember correctly, we found that info in the arrival NOTAM or something like that. Good show, at least back then, and they treat you well.

Latest resources

Back