Anyone flown in Guam?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

RichardRambone

Im trying for a spot as an FO with Cape Air and was trying to find out if anyone has flown that job or at least how is Guam as far as a place to live and work?

Guam

Guam is a very nice place to live and work.Lots of stuff there.Beautiful beaches,awesome reefs to snorkle in,nice malls,restaurants,nightlife,e.t.c..If you live out there,definately get a car,because you will need one.You can buy em new and used.

Im not sure what its like flying for Cape Air.I know 3 guys that went to Cape Air into the ATR's,but i havent talked to them since they left PIA(Pacific Island Aviation,dba Northwest Airlink)PIA went under in February.

Myself,Guam360,and WhereAmI will be happy to answer any questions you might have about Guam and the Mariana Islands.

Hows it going Guam 360? Havent talked to you in a while.

Later

Last edited:
My ex lived on the Naval base in Santa Rita for two years. I forget what the total population of the island is (150k, I think), but about 1/4 of them are US Navy. There are some nice beaches and scenic views, and I think the entire island can be driven around in 4 hours. Usually a couple of times a year the place gets flattened by a typhoon, from what I remember her telling me.

MFR

MFR is correct but you can't access the part of the island that Andersen AFB covers which about 1/3, so if you don't stop driving you can get around the remaining part in one hour or less.

good job migio, i am fine, based in JFK now and flying alot.

guam

Couple other things about Guam.Cost of living isnt really too much more then what you would pay in the mainland.Food is a little more expensive,as well as gas.You can find some pretty nice apartments for the same you would pay in the mainland.Beer is a little more $.I think you can get it for cheaper around Andersen AFB.

Ive jumpseated outta Saipan to Detroit through Nagoya on NWA and it wasnt too difficult.I hear the loads on Air Mike out of GUM for HNL are tight though.Its probably easiest to go through Japan,allthough dealing with the gate agents there is like pulling teeth because of the language barrier.

migio said:
Ive jumpseated outta Saipan to Detroit through Nagoya on NWA and it wasnt too difficult. I hear the loads on Air Mike out of GUM for HNL are tight though.Its probably easiest to go through Japan,allthough dealing with the gate agents there is like pulling teeth because of the language barrier.
Unfortunately Cape Air doesn't get Northwest jumpseat international... you'll need a ZED pass. But GUM-HNL can be done up front if the back is full (which it usually is). Or a continental epass through Narita to the states (or Nagoya to Honolulu). Any way you look at it, it's a pain.

I've never actually flown around Guam, but lived there for about 8 yrs as a kid. I really enjoyed living there. People are nice for the most part, and they truly have the best Bar-b-que/ fiesta food in the whole world. Lots to do there as well. You won't find many places around the world that has better snorkeling and diving. Another plus to living there is your close proximity to other vacation spots like Austrailia, Japan, Hong Kong, Korea, etc.
Enjoy!!

Latest resources

Back