• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone ever fly jumpers?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I remember when Paul Fayard stalled a Casa and flipped it on its back at the Richmond Boogie 10 or 12 years ago. All of those idiotic jumpers kept running up and shaking his hand for saving the day. Morons had no idea that bloody fool damn near killed them all. When I explained that to a couple jumpers, they replied, "ut a Casa isn't used to having 12 jumpers on the tail at once." I said, "You're right. It was designed to drop tanks out the back in flight".

I remember when Paul Fayard stalled a Casa and flipped it on its back at the Richmond Boogie 10 or 12 years ago. All of those idiotic jumpers kept running up and shaking his hand for saving the day. Morons had no idea that bloody fool damn near killed them all. When I explained that to a couple jumpers, they replied, "ut a Casa isn't used to having 12 jumpers on the tail at once." I said, "You're right. It was designed to drop tanks out the back in flight".

Paul Fayard wasn't a fool, and he wasn't the one that caused the stall. He's a sharp pilot, weather you like his personality or not- he's a good stick. There is a reason now why there are wide benches through the length of his Casas- so it spreads the jumpers out to keep them from gathering in one spot towards the back of the plane. There also isn't anywhere to grab now by the tailgate. It was the jumpers that stalled the airplane.

Flying jumpers was one of the best experiences of my life. The work was fun, the experience was fantastic, and there is something to be said for pulling up, shutting down the plane, and having someone come up and pass you a cold beer through the airplane window at the end of the day before the props wind down.

I enjoyed it while I did it, but it's time to move on and stay away. It was far too easy to get violated. The problem is, if you did everything you were supposed to do in order to be legal, you'd never get a load up. I was lucky enough to have never been on the radar with the FAA. Some of my friends at other DZ's knew the entire FSDO.

If you are seriously considering flying jumpers, PM me the drop zone and I'd be more than happy to pass along anything I know. It's a lot of fun, but a little on the grey side sometimes. Best of luck!

-JumpersAway

You sir, are just as stupid as Fayard is. Can you tell me how in the hella few jumpers weigh more than an armored fighting vehicle? The Casa was designed to drop those IN FLIGHT. Fayard let that airplane get away from him, pure and simple. Your hero worship of your former boss is admirable. But he screwed the pooch. Unless when you said the jumpers stalled the plane, that one of them ran up into the cockpit, got the Casa too damn slow to fly, and honked back on the yoke. Then I guess you're right...

Paul Fayard wasn't a fool, and he wasn't the one that caused the stall...It was the jumpers that stalled the airplane.

-JumpersAway

You sir, are just as stupid as Fayard is. Can you tell me how in the hella few jumpers weigh more than an armored fighting vehicle? The Casa was designed to drop those IN FLIGHT. Fayard let that airplane get away from him, pure and simple. Your hero worship of your former boss is admirable. But he screwed the pooch. Unless when you said the jumpers stalled the plane, that one of them ran up into the cockpit, got the Casa too damn slow to fly, and honked back on the yoke. Then I guess you're right...

It's pretty obvious you are oblivious to the incident, or that you have no clear understanding of what happened. It is also apparent that you have some sort of personal grudge against the man. I don't worship PF, but I call it like I see it- the man can fly. No doubt, he is difficult (at best) to deal with, but it's a shame that you can't respect someone that has far more experience, doing a job far longer, than you. It is also pretty weak that you choose to rant on a message board with personal attacks without the integrity or manhood to advertise your criticism in person- he isn't exactly hard to track down in the community.

Oh, and while I'm on it, the jumpers just hung there on the aft end of the aircraft, in such a mass that the jumpers were holding on to jumpers. Not sure if you've noticed, or even dropped one yourself, but an Armoured Fighting Vehicle:

A.) Won't fit in the back of a Casa 212. (an ATV is about the biggest)

B.) From my experience dropping them, they usually keep moving and don't just park on the ramp.

What ever you do dont let them overload you especially off a grass strip with trees at the end. It could get alittle dicey! Have Fun........Jumpers have unique characters. Definately worth the experience!

Just be careful....

No, I'm not oblivious. I was flying jumpers at that boogie. Actually, I kind of liked Paul. I've heard he can be "opinionated", but I never dealt with him business-wise, so none of that came up. I just saw a glaring case of pilot error, and think it's hysterical that so many people who don't have a clue are edifying this guy. And he may be the greatest jump pilot in history. But he sure didn't show it to me. And just because he's more experienced than you, don't assume he's better than everyone else. But please, since you're such an experienced guy, please tell me about your vast experience...
:rolleyes:

It's pretty obvious you are oblivious to the incident, or that you have no clear understanding of what happened. It is also apparent that you have some sort of personal grudge against the man. I don't worship PF, but I call it like I see it- the man can fly. No doubt, he is difficult (at best) to deal with, but it's a shame that you can't respect someone that has far more experience, doing a job far longer, than you. It is also pretty weak that you choose to rant on a message board with personal attacks without the integrity or manhood to advertise your criticism in person- he isn't exactly hard to track down in the community.

Oh, and while I'm on it, the jumpers just hung there on the aft end of the aircraft, in such a mass that the jumpers were holding on to jumpers. Not sure if you've noticed, or even dropped one yourself, but an Armoured Fighting Vehicle:

A.) Won't fit in the back of a Casa 212. (an ATV is about the biggest)

B.) From my experience dropping them, they usually keep moving and don't just park on the ramp.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back