Anyone else in Moscow, Russia?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

WhyFlare

Any other forum members in Russia/ Moscow Vnokovo? UUWW.

Moscow = metric. Decend and maintain 600 meters. Wind 10 km/hr. Vis is 5km. QFE 991

Im here for 5 days.

Snows on and off all the time here. Cool looking Russia airliners. Pure jet engines.

Safe travels,
DC

Any other forum members in Russia/ Moscow Vnokovo? UUWW.

Moscow = metric. Decend and maintain 600 meters. Wind 10 km/hr. Vis is 5km. QFE 991

Im here for 5 days.

Snows on and off all the time here. Cool looking Russia airliners. Pure jet engines.

Safe travels,
DC

Dang, I just left a couple of days ago. I've never been to Nightflight, but I hear its fun. Try the Hungry Duck if you have a strong constitution. I recommend the soup.

I've posted this before, but here's the Economist magazine's travel guide blurb on Nightflight.

http://www.economist.com/cities/findStory.cfm?city_id=MCW&folder=Night Spots

This is probably one of the best-known nightclubs in the world—“Do it tonight”, says the advert at Sheremetyevo. If you like that kind of thing, it will cost you upwards of $200. The club is run by efficient Swedish management; the same team, oddly, that runs the ultra-respectable Scandinavia restaurant. The upstairs restaurant serves elegant Swedish cuisine: you can even tell people you just came for the food and not be lying.
----------

There's a great recording of former White House Press Secretary Joe Lockhart describing a story about where he misses Air Force One's departure from Moscow after oversleeping due to a night at the Hungry Duck. It led to a pretty funny encounter in Ireland when he finally caught up to the president. It's in the last 7 minutes of the recording at this site:

http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?episode=338

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back