Anyone been to Dominican Republic?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

aveator

A former co-worker is taking the beechjet to MDLR in January and wondering if anyone has been there and could pass on any lessons learned.

Thanks

Been running to MDSD. Doesn't seem bad at all, especially if you've flown international before (paperwork & radio accents). Speaking spanish helps, even if you only know 'gracias'. Haven't left the airport grounds so can't help there. Don't be in a hurry to get fuel, at least at MDSD. Takes 1-2 hours for the truck to arrive.

My folks used to live there back in the 80's and I don't think much has changed since then eek....don't drink the water..unless it is in a bottle and has been sealed...everyone is nice though! You'll notice a lot of people asking for money and stuff and people trying to help you out...having a few coins in your pocket helps get around...also if you happen to think about driving...be careful is all I can say...its insane driving there and theres usually 5 car wide highways with 2 lanes..you'll notice a whole family on a moto bike thing as well ha...overall though its cool and people are friendly like I said...I was there a while back maybe 3 years ago and the airport seemed ok but make sure everything is locked and that the fuelcaps are checked and that the fuel is checked..I heard a story over at MSDS about someone taking fuel out of a tank and replacing it with water...oh and buy the pineapples on the street! they are cheap...5 cents each or something! Good luck!

Recently to MDSD. I would strongly encourage using a handler. ServAir does a nice job. Clients and flight crew through customs without delay. The Hilton in downtown Santo Domingo is very nice. Get your fuel early on departure. Taxiway is the current runway during renovation of main runway. Check for current charts that will reflect modified 10-9 and approaches. Have fun!

Hi!

We're going to start flying there next month. We will fly SJU-Santo Domingo, and another location in the Eastern part of the country-3 round trips per day out of SJU.

Any info/suggestions/help is appreciated.

Contract is 3 months-staying in SJU.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back