Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anyone been on an AWAC interview recently?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
S

silver8

Hello all,

Just had mine. Everything went well. the sim was not bad. I paid to practice it at Pearl Aviaion. We practiced MKE ILS 7R, but shot ATW ILS 29 the next day. No big deal, they actually tell you that at pearl. Plus going in I figured they might make shoot an approach at ATW so I practiced using my own jepp charts and on my MSFS 2004 in the King Air 350. A great place to work. I understand some pilots are not happy because they are being displaced, but it truly one of the best regionals out there. They went 4 years without a grievance, and they only have 2 right now. So to me that's sounds like the pilots are happy there with the exception with the base closures.

How long does it take for them to call if they want to hire you? I heared rumors that sometimes they wait as long as 2 weeks! That's a long time in agony and runing to the phone every time it rings. Is really that long before they call? Anyone that interviewed recently and was hired that can shed some light on this? Thanks.

Depends on when the next class date is. I was called 3 hours after, but that's because I said I could make the next class date which was less than a week away. I think a friend of mine who interviewed the same time I did waited 2 weeks to hear back.

Did they tell you about future class dates? I heard there weren't any more scheduled for the year, just one in November - hopefully they have plans for classes after the new year...

~wheelsup

there's one scheduled on 11/7, and a 12/4 class is still up in the air. things should be back to full swing after the first of the year. i think their trying to give the instuctors some time off over the holidays.

I think there will be another big hand full of people quiting as the ORD domicile closes at the end of the month so that may spark the December class. We'll see.

I actually did not ask them during the interview. There was another candidate that was at one of their job fairs and he said that in the job fair they said that the next class will not be until January because they need the sim to upgrade some FOs or something like that. In the interview, Pat said that they are in the process of moving the sim from DEN and that future sim sessions will be either in DEN, PHL, or even perhaps YUL.

Why would they wait 2 weeks to call? Just so that they can interview more people and have more choices to choose from?

sliver8 said:
Why would they wait 2 weeks to call? Just so that they can interview more people and have more choices to choose from?

Who knows...I had never really heard of us actively going out and trying to recruit pilots before these last few sessions in DC and Memphis this month.

I would not be surprised if they are trying to bunch together a group of CRJ current and qualified guys to run through a short class. The faster we can get new F/O's online, the faster we can take our current F/O's offline and put them in upgrade. We are very short on captains right now and using time effectively is essential in order for us to play catch up.

I know it s.ucks, but we are all feeling the effects of the transition right now and you may have to as well and possibly wait a bit.

But be sure of this, if they want you, you will get the job offer. They have made it very clear to us they are having a hard time finding what they want. If you got an interview, you had potential. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I could be wrong, but I think the phone call is independent of the "2 week letter." You will get a congrats or no thank you letter within 2 weeks. They will call you when they are ready to put you in a class. In the past, they were giving people a class date before they had the chance to get the letter, but the next class will probably be in January.

Beetle007 said:
I could be wrong, but I think the phone call is independent of the "2 week letter." You will get a congrats or no thank you letter within 2 weeks. They will call you when they are ready to put you in a class. In the past, they were giving people a class date before they had the chance to get the letter, but the next class will probably be in January.
I think the letter is also dependant on when the class date is - I got mine the day after via email. Not sure if that's the normal way or not though...again the time from interview to class date was really short in my case.

~wheelsup

Got my stuff in, emailed and faxed about 1 week ago. one of my friends that is a captain should be walking my resume in too

Latest resources

Back