anyone been in st.maarten

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it's an island.

That's a piece of land with water on all sides.

Oh and they ran out of jet a last week.

enjoy

Its a piece of cake. Don't worry about customs/handlers etc. Just have patience. Things happen slow.

Don't lose your head

Here's a heads up. Keep heads down when walking on beach. A/C on short final may lead to decapitation.

Its one of the coolest places to land in my opinion. Also, if you flash your landing lights on short final the bar to the right of the runway, Sunset beach bar, will give you a free drink.

Also at sunset beach bar, topless women drink free.

They have a live web cam as well.

www.sunsetbeachbar.com

Go to that sunset bar get a swordfish sandwich for 7 bucks and watch the topless women on the beach. Then go over to the terminal and get a bottle of good rum. Very good experence, nice people.

Lrjet55 said:
Its a piece of cake. Don't worry about customs/handlers etc. Just have patience. Things happen slow.
I believe it's called "Island time."
Two of the regular topless drinkers/diners were girls from the strip club across from the Maho. They were nice to talk to but they don't take any sh1t from drunk guys hitting on them/taking pictures of them. I think the guy was late 50's/ early 60's and all he could do was laugh and stumble around after they slapped him. Everybody at the bar was pissed though because after that, they put on tops and left. He ruined the scenery for all of us.

I got stuck there for a week on a trip. It was rough...beach,good drink, topless women...yea it was rough..awesome place to watch airplanes takeoff and land.

SXM is a nice place to operate into. All operations normally to the east. Controllers do a great job considering the mix of traffic they have. Just got radar last fall.

Funny true story. We were talking to a young (23+-) european commuter capt about the operation and life in SXM. He had been there about 6 months, single of course, and has a place on the French side of the island on a nude beach. He was saying the night life was non stop with all the lady tourist wanting to make up for lost time, and then about the women he said...."you know, sometimes you just have to say NO".......maybe you have to be older to appreciate how funny that is coming from a kid. Oh to be 23 again.

Latest resources

Back